Trinity 2 into 1 Carb

smartsshee22

Hey guys, I am getting the ole Shee ready for the Glamis trip for this X-mas weekend and I am having some low end bogging issues. Is my pilot jet out of range? I have been fighting this bad low end bog since I got the carb setup and I would love to resolve it! Other than that the mid and top end run awesome! I noticed that it got a little worse once I added the cool head and domes. My mods are in my signature. Thanks

Ken

• Like 1

Or 42-45. EEK or EEJ needle.

Snop...well I put in a 45 pilot jet and it seems like the issue got worse. Here is what is happening. After I let it warm up I rev it out a couple of times to clear it out and then when I start blipping the throttle it acts like it is going to stall. It will idle just fine, but when I go to rev it, it bogs really bad and acts like it is going to choke out. Same thing happens when I ride it. The bottom end just falls on its face. It is really powerful though when it comes on the pipe so I dont know what the deal is. Also sometimes when I start it cold, it will fire and it idles like it is not getting gas. Yes I have checked the fuel delivery, filter and jets for clogging and everything is clear. Let me know. Thanks again guys.

Snop...well I put in a 45 pilot jet and it seems like the issue got worse. Here is what is happening. After I let it warm up I rev it out a couple of times to clear it out and then when I start blipping the throttle it acts like it is going to stall. It will idle just fine, but when I go to rev it, it bogs really bad and acts like it is going to choke out. Same thing happens when I ride it. The bottom end just falls on its face. It is really powerful though when it comes on the pipe so I don't know what the deal is. Also sometimes when I start it cold, it will fire and it idles like it is not getting gas. Yes I have checked the fuel delivery, filter and jets for clogging and everything is clear. Let me know. Thanks again guys.

When I said different pilot size and needle, I meant put both in, not just one. If you richen the needle clip position it will probably get better. However, I think you need a richer needle. If the bog is hesitant an you cant gain any rpm, then its lean. If its not gaining rpm and its gurgling then its rich. Just by looking at what you had it looked too rich on the pilot and too lean on the needle. Whether your running a stock airbox or not, then there is no way it needs more pilot. We jet Patriot racing dune port 4 mills with pro circuits at a 42 pilot jet. The 4 mill will take a dek or eek needle, but 4 mills tend to be more fuel efficient than stock stroke motors.

• Like 1

When I said different pilot size and needle, I meant put both in, not just one. If you richen the needle clip position it will probably get better. However, I think you need a richer needle. If the bog is hesitant an you cant gain any rpm, then its lean. If its not gaining rpm and its gurgling then its rich. Just by looking at what you had it looked too rich on the pilot and too lean on the needle. Whether your running a stock airbox or not, then there is no way it needs more pilot. We jet Patriot racing dune port 4 mills with pro circuits at a 42 pilot jet. The 4 mill will take a dek or eek needle, but 4 mills tend to be more fuel efficient than stock stroke motors.

I hear what you are saying. I live in Central Cali so my options for shops are limited right now. They had the 45 jet in stock however I had to order a needle. I ordered an eek needle. I currently have a dek in the carb now. They are telling me that it will not be in til Fri and I am leaving to head to San Diego tomorrow morning and then to Gordons from there. Is there any way I can make the dek needle work for now? I am not sure how to describe the sound. It almost sounds like when you turn the fuel off to run the carb out of gas and then is makes that loud bog right before it shuts off. Thats what it sounds like when you blip the throttle...hesitant not gurgling. Thanks man for your help. I am open for anything right now to get me through the weekend.

Ken

Any position besides the full rich on the DEK needle for me didn't work. Mine ran great with the DEK (full rich) 185 main and 48 pilot. Mine would always load up starting it but once cleaned out ran awesome until you let it idle for a minute then it would load up again. i tried pilots down to a 40 and always did it. Listen to snoop, if he says EEK or EEJ then do it cause he is the 2 into 1 master.

It is kinda hard to describe what it is sounding like so hopefully I am not confusing you guys. What I can do though is shoot a short little video in the morning with my camera and PM it to you so you can hear it. Would that help? In the meantime I am going to go ahead and drop the needle to the last position until I get my new one.

It is kinda hard to describe what it is sounding like so hopefully I am not confusing you guys. What I can do though is shoot a short little video in the morning with my camera and PM it to you so you can hear it. Would that help? In the meantime I am going to go ahead and drop the needle to the last position until I get my new one.

I understand fully, its lean. What happens when you shut the gas off and the bike runs? It gets leaned out till it wont run anymore. Your needle is choking it to death because its too lean.