Bad luck or bad driving?

huskyohilux

Replace the one piston.

You really, REALLY should check piston to wall clearance on both before you reassemble it. Check ring end gap.

Muratic Acid will get the aluminum off the cylinder wall.

Please, do yourself a favor and do a leak down test on the motor before you even fire it up.

10 hours between builds is retarded....

Have you had the crank inspected, checked for wear, trued, welded?

If the crank is separating or bearings are going bad...you'll be doing this all over again...and soon.

Replace the one piston.

You really, REALLY should check piston to wall clearance on both before you reassemble it. Check ring end gap.

Muratic Acid will get the aluminum off the cylinder wall.

Please, do yourself a favor and do a leak down test on the motor before you even fire it up.

10 hours between builds is retarded....

Have you had the crank inspected, checked for wear, trued, welded?

If the crank is separating or bearings are going bad...you'll be doing this all over again...and soon.

The guy who bored the cylinders checked the ring end gap, so that should have been OK. I'll let him do it again after the hone.

Yeah, he said something about using some acid to clean the jugs before honing, I'll let him do that when I decide to go back to them cylinders. I just put the stock jugs in and it ran good enough, for the wet winter roads atleast :cool:

Regarding the leak down test, I've seen it in some posts but never really got around to learn about it. Gonna do a serch and see what I can find...agree that 10 hours is crazy and even worse I guess this seize was only 2 hours in :down:

The crank is as is, haven't done anything to it :confused: I'm kinda of my own overhere so I learn as I go...I really don't wanna split the cases unless I 100% need to.

Regarding the leak down test, I've seen it in some posts but never really got around to learn about it. Gonna do a serch and see what I can find

Found this thread: http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...c=49835&hl=

seems like a fairly easy thing to fabricate...

Yep...that's all you need. I don't know what kind of hardware stores you have where you're at, but I'm sure you can find something comparable.

To be honest, after two seizures....and properly checked clearances, I would be splitting the cases and checking the lower end, checking the crank and getting it trued and welded.

Yep...that's all you need. I don't know what kind of hardware stores you have where you're at, but I'm sure you can find something comparable.

To be honest, after two seizures....and properly checked clearances, I would be splitting the cases and checking the lower end, checking the crank and getting it trued and welded.

I hear you :sad:

will be riding a couple of more times this winter and then let it sit until late spring. Maybe I'll dig into the lower end if I decide to go back to the ported jugs again.

Otherwise it felt really good today. Found this awsome place in a military area were troops practice urban combat. Like a deserted town...nice grabble roads all around :biggrin: