Black and Red or Black and Blue

swhitey917

thanks alot man that color combo is by far my favorite. do you know how bright or close maier zest orange is to yours.

No idea, but wouldn't think that orange and red would be close at all, the colors on mine are the 97 red and black, graphics are all stock (except for the FMF sticker), have owned the bike since new.

banshee_bandit your quad is badass... I am going with black and red because i just got my new frame today and it has been freshly painted banner red. thanks for all the help everyone and if anyone has anytips on painting fenders with krylon fusion paint then please let me know.

banshee_bandit your quad is badass... I am going with black and red because i just got my new frame today and it has been freshly painted banner red. thanks for all the help everyone and if anyone has anytips on painting fenders with krylon fusion paint then please let me know.

I painted mine with krylon. Just pulled plastics all off wet sanded it with warm soapy water to smooth some deep scratches and to rough up some parts and then went to town. It comes out awesome and when it does scratch its easy to fix. When I get some money I'm getting fullbores. All my money is currently wrapped into the 4mil should be done soon.

I didn't put like a clear coat/matte finish on it either maybe next time I paint it I'll put some matte finish I got in the garage on it.

Before

banshee2.jpg

After

100_1031.jpg

@Cheers Whitey ;)

And good luck with clothin` in your baby, def post some pics !!!

@Kodie

I was always kinda sceptical to painting them plastics but your solution sounds good mate :evil:

Its good man. It WILL scratch if your trail riding you can't avoid it happening it just does. But it takes a good size branch or a deep thorn to get into it. It will hold up to power washing at least mine does. If you power wash a scratched part you'll peel some of it off. And if you spill gas on it plan on re painting the gas will eat it up no problems. I carry a good sized funnel so this never happens.

I painted mine with krylon. Just pulled plastics all off wet sanded it with warm soapy water to smooth some deep scratches and to rough up some parts and then went to town. It comes out awesome and when it does scratch its easy to fix. When I get some money I'm getting fullbores. All my money is currently wrapped into the 4mil should be done soon.

I didn't put like a clear coat/matte finish on it either maybe next time I paint it I'll put some matte finish I got in the garage on it.

Before

banshee2.jpg

After

100_1031.jpg

what grit sand paper did you use?

Well I got some 320 and 600 out in the garage. I can't remember what one I used but the 600 doesn't seem like it would do the trick. Get some 320 of the wet sand stuff if it doesn't seem like it would work for what you need get a smaller size. But I'm sure I used 320.

Well I got some 320 and 600 out in the garage. I can't remember what one I used but the 600 doesn't seem like it would do the trick. Get some 320 of the wet sand stuff if it doesn't seem like it would work for what you need get a smaller size. But I'm sure I used 320.

ok sounds good. i have never done anything like this before so it should be interesting. what am i looking to do. do i basically want to sand it down to where it is really smooth or am i sanding it to rough it up. sry for the dumb questions