Help with my 4 poker

Hey Guys,

Im doing a couple of things to my 4 poker (01 400EX) to open her up a little bit for the trails. I have never really done much of the work on my own, I usually buy my bikes with most of the mods, but she is all stock right now. I want to add a Lexx pipe, Mod Quad filter system with K&N, and am going to need to jet it. What jetting should I use. Is it something I could do myself? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Guys,

Im doing a couple of things to my 4 poker (01 400EX) to open her up a little bit for the trails. I have never really done much of the work on my own, I usually buy my bikes with most of the mods, but she is all stock right now. I want to add a Lexx pipe, Mod Quad filter system with K&N, and am going to need to jet it. What jetting should I use. Is it something I could do myself? Any help would be appreciated.

You do realize that you are on a 2 stroke Yamaha Banshee website right.

I don't think anyone wants to help you lol, You will have to jet it with a pipe and filter, I have no idea what the jetting should be i don't know what stock is or much about the ex's, The pipe kit should come with jets if your buying a new kit, also some pipe kits require you to change the needle in the carb. The best thing to do would be to call the company that makes the pipe tell them your mods and ask them if they can help get you close on your jetting.

Wow guys, take it easy on him. Its the helpful people that make this site what it is right? Peteson i have built several 400EXs and will be glad to help you. First off i have to say i have never heard of a Lexx pipe. Sparks pipes work very well on that bike as we have done alot of testing. Pm me and i will help you with jetting specs. It is something you can handle and is not very hard. Pipe, filter/airbox mod, rev box, and jetting is the 1st step! Then higher compression, Cam, and porting, and away you GOOOOOOOOOOO! :thumbsup: