Aftermarket +2" YFZ a-arms on banshee

Fre530d

They will fit if you have the conversion kit for YFZ's. But +2's will actually be +4-1/2" wider. And if they're +1 forward, they will actually be +1-5/8" forward. Maybe if you road raced it, and you slammed the bike, and put some street tires on it. But I just can't see the need for having a quad that's 9" wider than stock. Besides, you ain't gonna find a rear axle to go with it, unless you have a machine shop make one.

They will fit if you have the conversion kit for YFZ's. But +2's will actually be +4-1/2" wider. And if they're +1 forward, they will actually be +1-5/8" forward. Maybe if you road raced it, and you slammed the bike, and put some street tires on it. But I just can't see the need for having a quad that's 9" wider than stock. Besides, you ain't gonna find a rear axle to go with it, unless you have a machine shop make one.

Thx 2001 stroker, i'm going to buy some stock YFZ a arms then. Will the stock arms from a raptor 700 fit the banshee (with mod) ?

Are they the same as the YFZ ones?

Thx

Fred

Thx 2001 stroker, i'm going to buy some stock YFZ a arms then. Will the stock arms from a raptor 700 fit the banshee (with mod) ?

Are they the same as the YFZ ones?

Thx

Fred

Like I've told many people, you can make anything work with a torch, grinder, and a welder. YFZ arms are the only ones that I've seen people use. And with those, they don't just bolt right up. You have to get the conversion, which is a set of lower arm bushings. You can't just buy those at the store, they're custom made. I don't know your mechanical ability. If you don't know what you're doing, you're way better off getting some extended arms that are made for a banshee. Some people that have done the conversion like the YFZ arms, some don't. The bike will sit a little lower in the front with those arms too. You have to relocate the shock mount, or get longer shocks to make it back to the right height. You're gonna have to get YFZ spindles, so your ball joints don't get binded up. And, you might as well get YFZ twin-piston brake calipers. For the price that you are gonna spend on the whole YFZ setup, you can get arms for a banshee. AZCUSTOMQUADS can make you some out of chromoly, all tig welded, and for a good price. He's getting ready to build me some.