Stock crank

toolman

I bought a used motor for the trans and cylinders tore it down and the crank is good except for the bearing on the fly wheel side is burnt up the the rods are good the center bearings are good where is a good place to send it and have it repaired new bearings trued and welded and what does this usally cost or is it worth doing at all. How can i tell if it is a stock crank or after market the motor has been apart before there was case sealer every where. The guy told me it was rebuilt and blew up just after it was finished. I'm assuming it was an air leak on the right side.

thanks

Tim

I bought a used motor for the trans and cylinders tore it down and the crank is good except for the bearing on the fly wheel side is burnt up the the rods are good the center bearings are good where is a good place to send it and have it repaired new bearings trued and welded and what does this usally cost or is it worth doing at all. How can i tell if it is a stock crank or after market the motor has been apart before there was case sealer every where. The guy told me it was rebuilt and blew up just after it was finished. I'm assuming it was an air leak on the right side.

thanks

Tim

I found a guy that did the same thing to a +4 crank and to rebuild it was the same price as of a new one. Just shop around and look for a local engine builder. What is going to kill you is shop time. There are some guys in Phx that build some sprint car motors that i have talked to said they would love to try it...I just started to laugh. But wheres my warranty on that one...But you never know...Just start calling around on some Motor/car engine builders to see how much it would take for them to repress and true and weld...And your best luck is to find the shit and take the supplies with you to the builder... Just my .02