Boss Billet Intake leak

baddsheee

If the leak is at the gasket surface, RTV will do fine. Yamabond isn't a great idea rubber on metal.

If the boot itself has a hole or is leaking, get new ones... You can get them from BOSS or from sudco.com or carbparts.com.

They are Mikuni Carb Flange boots.

Thanks, it's in the gasket surface. RTV it is then. I love this web site, get your answers right away :thumbsup:

mine did the same thing, its becasue the rubber doesnt have a builtin oring, its just flat all the way across. drop some rtv and it will seal fine

Gracias, I'm already working on it. Haven't seen you as much on here Greg. Any Glamis trips lined up this season?

Edited by baddsheee

All the mikuni boots have the oring style flange to help seal. china crap does not

Please post a picture of what you're talking about...

I have the larger (two piece) billet intakes from BOSS. (No crossover tube)

On my intakes...they are Mikuni boots, they have the VM part number on them.

I have never run the smaller intakes (with crossover)...

baddshee...can you look on the rubber intake boots on yours and look for a part number...please.

It will start with either I-VM or VM as the part number if it is Mikuni boots.

no trips any more, i am leaving for okinawa japan on thanksgiving for a year :( after that i am off to tx

Greg,

You got to do what you got to do. Keeping the shee, if you need somewhere to keep it, I'll be more than happy to store it for you :evil: .

Hey Dave,

There is no part number, mine is the one with the built in cross-over. I think I got the china intakes :shrug:

Greg,

You got to do what you got to do. Keeping the shee, if you need somewhere to keep it, I'll be more than happy to store it for you :evil: .

Hey Dave,

There is no part number, mine is the one with the built in cross-over. I think I got the china intakes :shrug:

They are not China junk, I can promise you that 100%.

They are not from China...period.

I can also promise you just about everyone in the industry gets their boots from the same place....

baddshee...can you look on the rubber intake boots on yours and look for a part number...please.

It will start with either I-VM or VM as the part number if it is Mikuni boots.

For those of you who need a part number for future reference on the Boss Intake boots, this time I found it when I looked closer. M-VM34-200