was this a good deal?

ok my friend baught a 98 shee for only 2k ..all stock motor except boost bottle (if u call that a mod) and some a arms and a gforce axle...but the very next day we got it we had to take it to have carbs rebuilt a new airbox new plugs and a new radiator overflow..after all that it cost us bout 250...was this a good deal even tho it needed work? i thaught so..he dosnt ..what do u think :shrug:

ok my friend baught a 98 shee for only 2k ..all stock motor except boost bottle (if u call that a mod) and some a arms and a gforce axle...but the very next day we got it we had to take it to have carbs rebuilt a new airbox new plugs and a new radiator overflow..after all that it cost us bout 250...was this a good deal even tho it needed work? i thaught so..he dosnt ..what do u think :shrug:

You could get a worked out shee 00-01 for $2250

umm if its in good shape thats not that bad.. WOW 250 for a carb cleaning(or rebuild, more than likely just cleaned) a set of plugs and air box?? could have got you by for about 75 bucks at the most to do that honestly..

Thats why you have to learn to use good tools and doing the work yourself

You could get a worked out shee 00-01 for $2250

Not around here. I paid $3500 for mine back in February, and all that was done to it was the engine. Yea, it has all the goodies, including a 4mil. I did everything else that's done to it. And now, I'm going back into it even deeper. A good STOCK 00-01 Banshee around here will run you about $2800-3200. Something like what I have would be in the range of $3500-3800. IMO, your boy got a good deal on the 98. And yea, it's time to learn to do things yourself, instead of shops doing it. Save that money for mods. Not saying the bike he bought is going to break down. What I'm saying is, he's going to get the fever real soon.

umm if its in good shape thats not that bad.. WOW 250 for a carb cleaning(or rebuild, more than likely just cleaned) a set of plugs and air box?? could have got you by for about 75 bucks at the most to do that honestly..

i offered to do the work myself but he insisted on a proffesional haha

yeah he got a good deal it was just a little under where it should be probably though. You all are gonna hate me when I tell you I got my '00 that only needed a good power washing and a carb cleaning for 500 (divorce, husband left it sitting at the house for a few years, i offered to get it out of the yard for 500, it was almost free, but I felt bad)

yeah.. i say he got a good deal.. the guy that owned it posted it on here and everyone blasted him because he thought he could pull some quick shit on ppl that know everything about banshee's... do you go out to apex much? armagosa?

where did you go to get the work done on it?

Edited by SandRageShee