High Heat Paint on Pipes

Frogger

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did mine awhile back with 1500 flat black, then 1500 clear. Looked perfect for about a year and a half until I decided to powdercoat them.

va3aba5u.jpg

vy9aqeny.jpg

That Looks great man, is that the paint or powder coat?  do you have to get a hi heat powder?, sand blasted before, or just sanded?  Id rather do the powder coat and do it right the first time.

also is that a semi gloss or gloss powder?   and did you do a clear powder as well?

sorry for all the questions.  I want my pipes to look exactly like that.

i sent u pics. u can post them if u want. Humm see I could hot find 1500* clear.

never got them :(  all good tho

I used BBQ paint. But it gets tacky and sand sticks to it. Also gas makes it tacky.. So I green scuff padded them and put a few coats of cheap ass flat black paint on them and hit it with a heat gun. Then mounted, doesn't get tacky at all.

I was BBQ painting them twice a year cuz.

I used BBQ paint. But it gets tacky and sand sticks to it. Also gas makes it tacky.. So I green scuff padded them and put a few coats of cheap ass flat black paint on them and hit it with a heat gun. Then mounted, doesn't get tacky at all.

I was BBQ painting them twice a year.

I know its not on a Banshee... but I have a set of both powdercoated, and ceramic pipe on my Raptor. I like the ceramic better, since you can buff it to get it nice and glossy again.

Ceramic-

104_2204_zps20d1ee71.jpg

Crappy pic of Powdercoat-

photo1-66.jpg