setting up some ice races for the winter

bansheejoel

This winter i am looking to set up a few ice races in West Michigan, Nunica to be exact. There is a great body of water that freezes over very early in the year and produces thick ice fast. I have a 4x4 quad with a plow so that should be enough but another 4x4 quad with a plow wouldnt hurt. Im thinking about setting up a killer track for ice racing and setting up a straight track for drag racing. If anyone is intersted let me know. There isnt much of anything on this side of the state and thought it would be a good time to get out and rip on the ice this winter. If anyone has cones we could use that would be great, if not i will think of something....so far its,

Me, racing my banshee, quad to plow with

paddleboy, racing his banshee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also going to set up a drag track down here in Union, MI. I'm right down here at US12 and M40 on Long lake. I live right on the lake, were guna do a drag strip from the beach. Looks like we can get west MI going here Joel!! Ill have to try and get up there this winter, as should u guys get down here!

-JD

update:

me

paddleboy

arfountain (hopefully)

blewbyu (hopefully)

Maybe set up a couple classes so you big boys with your strokers dont own everyone, every race lol

stock stroke?

modified, includes up to 4 mill?

open, includes anything?

I want to make it based around you guys so whatever sounds good to you post it up. I will put a ad up on craigslist, hardcore sledder, and prolly put a ad in the paper so we can get a good turnout and have a fun time.

Uh oh, Andrews got something up his sleeve, better watch out guys!!

You're darn right, I think I've got the finances figured out now, there's no way I'm getting out now. You guys have got me so damn addicted, I'll have to sell my house just in order to keep up. LOL It's only been a few weeks since we've ridden, but it's seems like forever, winters not even here yet, and I'm already countying the days till spring. We will just have to have a couple big parties and sit and drool over quads and get hammered. But nothing like at the halloween party, that was not a fun trip home. I lost ALL the food I ate that week. LOL Can't wait to see everyone again.

Oh yeah, when you coming to get that seat, JOEL???????

LOL :sick: you mean all MY CHEESE YOU ATE!!! LOL :sick: :biggrin:

that was a fun night!! cant wait till next year!!

Maybe we will try the ice racing! i know we will come watch forsure! i am just not a fan of the cold!!

Definetlly need to have another big party, but next time I'll remember to bring the crackers. Definetly don't remember to much from that night.

fountain, I just found out my buddy mike bought yur old motor... What a small world! I told him to hold on tight hahahah! Now I got some work to do, guess its time to build that Cub motor..

I was thinking of waiting until the spring to build it. Not a large fan of breaking in a new motor in the winter time, i dunno, what do u guys think??

So 87, Which one are you again????I get names mixed up so bad. Give me another season and I will get your guys names down pretty good. Yeah, he mentioned a couple names and I was like oh yeah, I know them. I told him he could just ask you guys about the motor since you have seen it run. I told him it was a hell of a runner for a stock stroke. He definetly wont be disappointed with that motor. Get building that motor man. I'm a little nervous about this whole ice thing too, but hey, if there's hot chocolate there, who could resist?