Port and Polish

sheeBnasty

I am looking for a good place to have my jugs ported and polished... I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas. Is there anyone around here that does good work or am I going to have to send them off. I am looking for a Dune Port and Polish.. Thanks guys..

As anyone on here will tell you, you wont be dissapointed sending them to a reputable porter, I.E., Jim at Passion Performance here in tulsa ok, Kevin Herr, at Herr Juggs, or Jeff at F.A.S.T in Holton Kansas. This is one area of your build that pays to do your homework, and not be cheapskate......

I dont think you will go wrong with any of the above mentioned names. Passion is in Oklahoma and we are in Kansas. Both are only a couple days out on shipping. Herr Juggs also does good work and is in California. Either way you will prolly need to send them out which is no biggie. We have done several motors in the Dallas/Ftworth area that run damn hard. Everyone has their favorites, its kinda like asking wether you like Chevy or Ford better. Do some calling around and see who you feel better with and can give you what your looking for.

i have had two motors that jeff at FAST has done. the first one was a mid port stocker that pulled almost 70 hp and you could trail ride all day and the second was is a 7miil cub dragger that runs 4.1's on gas and no wheelie bar with me on it (200lbs). so if you go with him you know it will be damn good. not to mention he has the best customer service around.

it would be cool if somebody could make a sticky that list all the areas around the us that do port and polish jobs. i myself am looking for a good place around lower New Mexico.

That is a great Idea but you also have to look at Jeff at FAST who just mentioned other builders other than himself. For someone to say that is a great guy to deal with.

Even though he has thousands of my dollars.....hahaha Thanks Jeff

• 2 months later...
all the builders that where mentioned on this site are good guys to deal with from what I hear and from what I seen.

Jim from passion racing is my builder

I heard a lot of good things about Jim... thats why i sent him a motor around 3 months ago.I'm getting a little worried he has not returned any emails or phone calls. I have talked to him one time after i sent him the motor and that was it. but it has been almost 3months. He told me it would be around a month ..then his wife told me 2 months. I just wish he would call me. All i want is a accurate time table. Does anyone on here talk to him?

I have another banshee motor i want to send out but i don't want to be with out a bike since my one banshee is in pieces.