radiator hoses

pitkendall

well i didnt get it fixed i bought a new intake and still the same damn thang starts kinda runs off that cylinder and as soon as u let off the throttle it dies man what else can it be heres my thoughts

1 does the tors wires have to be spliced together when the tors system is removed (mine are unpluged

2 blown head gasket will it still have as good of compression as it does with the head gasket blown and im not loosin coolant but i did spray the motor down with soapy water while runnin and bubbles formed around da threads of the head studs

3 maybe the case halves didnt seal all the way when i put them back together but i used plenty of yamabond

4 could i have maybe installed the stator side crank seal wrong i mean the clymer manual is kinda hard to understand on how to place the seals on the crank

please any suggestions are VERY appreciated at this point ill try anything to get it fixed and ride

well tore it apart lastnight and was pretty sure the head gasket was blown cus as i sprayed carb cleaner right were the 2 cyl come together like it would rev up for a few secs so when i did the head straight edge test in the manual it was warped pretty bad (probly from previous owner he was a big idiot it aperas so far) so i have my machine shop machine it put it back together with new gaskets and it fires right up :biggrin: but starts to rev high so i adjust the idle then start it to take it for a ride both cylinders firing and soundin good than the opposite cyl starts to cut out (was the left now its the right) so i check the carbs outta sync fix that and now its back to the same ol same o wont idol :mad: ok when u fill the rad with coolant do u have to leave the cap off while it runs for a while like the manual says cus both times of firen it up for the first time i didnt (had the cap on) and it blew the headgasket the first time and lookin good for the 2nd time could it be buildin 2much pressure tryin to move the airbubbles out and cus the cap bein on it blows the head gasket? :banghead: :shoothead:

well tore it apart lastnight and was pretty sure the head gasket was blown cus as i sprayed carb cleaner right were the 2 cyl come together like it would rev up for a few secs so when i did the head straight edge test in the manual it was warped pretty bad (probly from previous owner he was a big idiot it aperas so far) so i have my machine shop machine it put it back together with new gaskets and it fires right up :biggrin: but starts to rev high so i adjust the idle then start it to take it for a ride both cylinders firing and soundin good than the opposite cyl starts to cut out (was the left now its the right) so i check the carbs outta sync fix that and now its back to the same ol same o wont idol :mad: ok when u fill the rad with coolant do u have to leave the cap off while it runs for a while like the manual says cus both times of firen it up for the first time i didnt (had the cap on) and it blew the headgasket the first time and lookin good for the 2nd time could it be buildin 2much pressure tryin to move the airbubbles out and cus the cap bein on it blows the head gasket? :banghead: :shoothead:

not exactly, the gaskets have to seat fully before they're pressurzed :sick:

well fooled around with it some today and it still does the same stuff tried everything in the world so i took the head pipe off cus i noticed that it had liquide around the oring on the cyl and one part was pused out a lil so it was leakin exhaust well when i took it off a few lil green drops fell out so i got to lookin in at the piston and seen a lil drop on the side of the piston skirt so i had my girlfriend kick it over real slow and as the piston came down there was some more on the top so once again its lookin great for a blown head gasket :sad: so monday im gonna stop and buy a new gasket and try it again but this time ima leave the read cap off till it burps the air out :sick:

also its .80 over 66mm bore and i measured the gasket and it measures 66.25mm so do u think they make a bigger gasket or somethin or is it good the way it is

also do u think maybe i should step up to a coolhead or what will that fix my prob

Edited by pitkendall