need help with jetting

zekibanshee

:ermm: jettinghave clean up port with boost ports and very little done to exhaust port right now I have 30 pilot and 300 main idles good runs strong all througth but pipes get real hot very soon got temp gauge water temp seems normal have sock box with lid but no filter

"No filter" no matter what you need a filter. Has nothing to do with your pipes getting hot though. I wouldn't worry about the pipes getting hot to quick unless shees throwing out some fluid.

you wont have to worry about your pipes being hot if you dont put a filter on that thing cause you will be buying a new top end insted

I'm from puerto rico over here most of my buddies ride with out filter even without the box I'm thinking of buying a filter but they say is junk what jetting do you think I should be using before porting I used 30-280 now at 30-300 and I think is a little lean giong to buy 310 and do a plugchop I have stock bored carbs jetting

I'm from puerto rico over here most of my buddies ride with out filter even without the box I'm thinking of buying a filter but they say is junk what jetting do you think I should be using before porting I used 30-280 now at 30-300 and I think is a little lean giong to buy 310 and do a plugchop I have stock bored carbs jetting

Whats your elevation there? sea level? Your buddies must have a lot of money and time to rebuild frequently.

Whats your elevation there? sea level? Your buddies must have a lot of money and time to rebuild frequently.
that's the weird part motors last so long youn can even imagine our local builder has acouple of racing banshees runs them on alky and pump gas on street and on trails has motors that been running for about four years. We open the motor and it look like if it was bran new even with drag ports the most they run is a 280 main and they say is huge I told him I was up to 300main he said I was crazy that was to big of main I have friends running 260main with ported motors and they run fast as hell. My best friend has a banshee with stock port bore 40 over with wiseco pistons t5s pipes 170psi 6 1/2 degrees on timing runing on pump gas air box with no lid plus no filter and the c clip all the way to the leaner side that thing is fast even beat a 5mill ported banshee bore 60 over Edited by zekibanshee