want new motor

jahdleyh

hey guys i was wandering were i could get a new motor...Like a brand spanking new one with no hours on it at all. I bought my shee about a month ago and it runs fine but the guy that i bought it from was the second owner and there are wires hanging everywhere. I would just feel better if i could start from scratch so if someone could be so kind as to point me in the direction of where i could get a new motor i would greatly appreciate it. thanks Justin

Justin, hey i'm Justin. :biggrin:

J/k man. You are going to end up paying out the ass for a brand new motor. You would actually pay out the ass for a used stock motor. Take the moeny you would spend on a new one and tear yours down and start over. From what I have found out. You could build a 4mil cub with a lot of goodies for right around 2k. That's a lot cheaper than spending around 1k on a fresh motor and then starting to build it up.

yeah ill get a pic up as soon as possible. First off id like to tell you the type of riding my friend and i do. There arent a whole lot of places for us to ride so we just hit up dirt rodes and then a couple of weeks ago we started drag racing on an old abandoned road so i think im leaning more towards the drag racing setup so if you guys could guide me in the right direction on a suspension setup for drag and how i should build my motor towards dragracing thanks for all the input. I have found my new home away from home. Thanks Justin

Welcome to your new addiction. We have formed a support group here where we all talk about our feelings and problems. Here, I will start the session. "Hi, my name is shaun, and I'm a banshee addict."LOL. Your first step should be making sure all your brakes and suspension are in good working order, be safe before you try to be fast...... Second, and I'd say is usually the most expensive step, is a good exhaust. I myself prefer the CPI inframe drag pipes, as do a lot of people on here. Some prefer Toomey T5's. I love mine myself. Next, maybe a coolhead, with 20cc domes, (once again, what I prefer) to get a little more compression..... next, shit. it goes on and on. Be prepared to live off Ramen Noodles for a while, cuz all your money will be gettin dumped into your bike!

Welcome to your new addiction. We have formed a support group here where we all talk about our feelings and problems. Here, I will start the session. "Hi, my name is shaun, and I'm a banshee addict."LOL. Your first step should be making sure all your brakes and suspension are in good working order, be safe before you try to be fast...... Second, and I'd say is usually the most expensive step, is a good exhaust. I myself prefer the CPI inframe drag pipes, as do a lot of people on here. Some prefer Toomey T5's. I love mine myself. Next, maybe a coolhead, with 20cc domes, (once again, what I prefer) to get a little more compression..... next, shit. it goes on and on. Be prepared to live off Ramen Noodles for a while, cuz all your money will be gettin dumped into your bike!

AMEN BROTHER. I still cant stop spending on mine. Especially when I hit the sauce. If it wasnt foe beer I would have half the shit I have on my ride LOL.

nice thing about a banshee is you can set it up to suite your needs. Definatlly make sure you can stop for one. As for engine mods, the sky (and wallet) are the limit. Search through the info on this site for all the power adders that you are interested in. The drag forum would be a good start. For starters, I would modify your shift star and add a shift pro kit. These will help you get through the gears quicker and smoother. Another thing I do to win is shift under throttle. That is, I dont let off the throttle all the way when shifting. Usually when I grab another gear I am at half throttle when I release the clutch. This will vary on how well you are hooking up were you are racing. An extended swinger would be a good investment aswell, sounds like you want to build a strong motor. How long depends on how much power you are planning on building. I wouldnt go crazy on the front suspension. If you still plan on riding the roads, and if you need to hit a section of trails here and there, the stock suspension will sufice.

Do ALOT of reading and ask questions on the stuff you are unsure of. There are alot of smart guys/girls on here and alot of smart asses too. In the end we are all here to help. Welcome to the HQ. :thumbsup:

yeah i plan on doing so serious mods on the shee. ive built to turbo civics on my own (not tuned by me but you get the point). im not sure what alot of horsepower is for a shee but id love to have about 100hp or as close as possible mabey even be able to beat a 600cc bike through the eight. so start tellin me what need to do to scream and im all for it. im gonna pull my motor out tommorow and stip it down

Be prepared to live off Ramen Noodles for a while, cuz all your money will be gettin dumped into your bike!

haha Ramen Noodles are the tits!

100 horses is alot but it is totally achievable but not cheap. Don't expect to run pump gas if your wanting that many ponies. I don't know shit about dragging so wait for one of the guru's to chime in for you. People around here really know their shit and are very helpful.

also if your wanting to focus mainly on drag, start posting/reading in the drag section you'll probably get more help there than here.

Edited by kodie