1st Race ever at MotoMasters today

trick97gagt

Well I had my first mx race today and had a frickin blast. I raced at MotoMasters in Mexico, NY. My buddy races quad Amateur and convinced me to go so I did. I raced in the quad Novice class. I did better than I thought. First moto I got tangled up in the first corner and was in dead last. I battled back to around 11th or 12th I think. Then on the very last lap I tried to clear the big double and came up short. I was pinned in 4th gear but just didn't have enough Needless to say I cased it hard, bounced sideways and hit the eject button. I would've finished 14th out of 16 but my quad was in the drainage ditch and I couldn't push it out. By the time I got it out I was in last. I finished that moto and wasn't very happy. I checked the results at intermission and apparently someone else crashed as well and DNF'd so I was in 15th.

My 2nd moto went much better. I didn't get tangled up in the first corner...which helps alot..lol. I was in 5th place at one point but stalled in a tight corner and got passed by 2 ppl right behind me. I held onto 7th until 3rd corner from the end of the race and was passed by a YFZ450 and ended up finishing 8th. I was running a 1998 300EX with a hotcam and a D&D exhaust...stock everything else. I think it did well for being extremely underpowered. There was 1 banshee, 3 400's, a Polaris Outlaw, and everyone else was on a 450. Might go to Broome-Tioga next weekend and race for the last race of the season....I'M PUMPED. Can't wait till spring. Sorry about the long post.