Coal hill trip 10-25-08

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen campers parked along the bottom many times.

Thats cool, but what i'm looking to do is maybe set up a tent near a stream in the woods where I can get my truck back to without being busted. Seen some people on youtube doing this at coal hill but not sure exactly where.

you need a freakin pass?

technically, yes

but i dont know of many or any people really with them, there is too much land to be bothered, the only times i worry is sitting at coal hill or that parking lot, the flats, thats why i dont go there anymore, too many people get hurt and do stupid shit and cops cruise through from time to tiem and will stop there and ask for passes, its happned to us once

we passed a state trooper in the woods while riding, they were landing a copter, someone crashed, i think he was gona wave us down but we didnt give him enough time, u-turn and took off, hour later he comes cruisin up into the parking lot while were eatin lunch, sent us packin, sucked bad, 120 mile drive back home, 1 1/2 hours of total riding for the day, 5 hour round trip in the truck, haha

Edited by Michael Jackson

you need a freakin pass?
You dont need no pass. On a holiday they have security driving around because Coalhill attracts many, many people. 1000 riders = alot o fucking dust. The people of Treverton bitch, moan, and complain to the fuz. So they try to keep things under control on a holiday weekend.

You dont need no pass. On a holiday they have security driving around because Coalhill attracts many, many people. 1000 riders = alot o fucking dust. The people of Treverton bitch, moan, and complain to the fuz. So they try to keep things under control on a holiday weekend.

Thats cool, i was goona pull an into the wild and launch my kayak anyway :thumbsup:

We were up at Coal Hill on the 16th. Many of the runs were washed out at the top and the last 5-6 feet were near vertical. You

had to hit the really steep stuff if you didnt want to deal with the near vertical jump at the top of the hills... It was nice though

becuase it had just rained so the dust was down... It was also noce becuase we were the only 4 quads there...