Slight pinging Noise

you have clamps where the headers meet the silencer tubes? Mine did not, and it pinged at idle. Once i put exhaust clamps on, pinging gone...well other than what the exhaust does on it's own.

Stock exhaust?

right now i'm running some FMF fatty's on it.. i'll check that clamp like u said.. its a very suttle ping. And i checked my kickstart and other bolts and fasteners and everything seems tight.. haha i hope its not all in my head

right now i'm running some FMF fatty's on it.. i'll check that clamp like u said.. its a very suttle ping. And i checked my kickstart and other bolts and fasteners and everything seems tight.. haha i hope its not all in my head

Sounds exactly like what I had. I run Fatty's, and the dude I bought it from did not put any clamps on where the headers and silencer pipes met. Sure enough, as soon as I put the clamps on, the "un-usual" ping went away.

Good luck,

Anthony

Sounds exactly like what I had. I run Fatty's, and the dude I bought it from did not put any clamps on where the headers and silencer pipes met. Sure enough, as soon as I put the clamps on, the "un-usual" ping went away.

Good luck,

Anthony

Just went out and checked and there are no clamps where u said.. i'm sure thats it. Thx alot bro i really appreciate it!

Just went out and checked and there are no clamps where u said.. i'm sure thats it. Thx alot bro i really appreciate it!

Most welcome man...always glad to help...

Here's a bit of info on some different styles of clamps. I bought mine from eBay, and they work awesome...

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=871459

And here's what mine looks like after the install...

ExhaustClamp.JPG

Good luck bro,

Anthony

Edited by acfine