carb problem

jbones

i have 87 banshee head milled toomy pipes 3/8 reed spacers boost bottle t.o.r.s. elimnatore kit idle screws installed stock airbox with k/n cover off only jet i changed is main form 270-330. and still can not get it to run right i,m at 240 ubove sea level what else could i change too make run right mostly breaks up and boggs at full throttle can any body help please ? :confused::confused:

If you are at a 330 main you might be rich for your mods. When I ran your same mods I was at 280mains stock pilot and needle position(#3). Thats what I ran at sea level. The added compression might change your octane requirements depending on how much was milled off.

Edited by elwilliams13

If you are at a 330 main you might be rich for your mods. When I ran your same mods I was at 280mains stock pilot and needle position(#3). Thats what I ran at sea level. The added compression might change your octane requirements depending on how much was milled off.

.015 was milled off i also have boyesen rad vavle

Like williams said. You are probably a little rich. ive got 330's in mine with pods and port and im 3000 above sea level. try 280 or 290

it ran good with 300 main but i would have play with the air ajust screws in and out to about 2 turns out and it would run good for a while ,but after i shut it off for a lillte while and restart it it break up at full throttle until i play with th air screws again? :confused:

smaller main jet, 330 is huge for those mods

i run 32.1 mix 93 octane the idle screws are turned almost all the way in there is about 3 or 4 threads beteen the locknut head of the screw also seems to bog if u hit the throttle real fast. could it be eletric problem ? the longer u ride it seems to snap out the problem and run good?

Edited by jbones