Clutch Case Bolts

MikeNick

SO I put a new clutch in aswell as a inner hub, new shift shaft an easy shift spring from Jeff and new pressure plate and a Cascade Adjuster. I rode it around my house an down the road an felt a hot spray hitting my leg. Pulled it back in the barn an all my tranny oil was leakin out. Well I took it all apart today cause I thought the gasket was messed up and I also need to readjust the clutch and all the bolts holdin the damn cover on were loose!!! I snugged them but didnt use a torque wrench because I'm afraid of stripping one out. So do any of you guys put Medium strength Locktite on the bolts when ya put it back together..

I put blue or purple loctite on EVERY bolt on a banshee. They are vibrating bolt loosening machines. I use blue on the larger stuff and purple on the smaller stuff works great. The other problem i have had is when installing the stainless allen bolts for the clutch covers. maker sure you run a tap into the cases and make sure the bolts are going in all the way. I have had it happen where the bolts feel tight but are not tightening down on the cover because they are a little too long. you may need to take a little of the length.

I put blue or purple loctite on EVERY bolt on a banshee. They are vibrating bolt loosening machines. I use blue on the larger stuff and purple on the smaller stuff works great. The other problem i have had is when installing the stainless allen bolts for the clutch covers. maker sure you run a tap into the cases and make sure the bolts are going in all the way. I have had it happen where the bolts feel tight but are not tightening down on the cover because they are a little too long. you may need to take a little of the length.

THanks for the reply man...Much appreciated..