Shaved Head

OKCterror

Check your PMs man!!

I've been looking for the sticker in your sig forever.

haha you have to be able to say youve done it to sport the sticker :biggrin:

if so its from royal distributing. they are out in ontario canada. they mostly do the sled thing, but have lots of quad and dirtbike stuff too. im not sure but i think they would ship international.

i get their catalogs sent 2 or 3 times a year.

royal distributing

no i hadn't yet. i will be soon, cause i'm going to be messing with the heads on my snowmobile here, withing a few weeks or so. building up a 780 big bore. should be fun :thumbsup: i'm drawing a blank right now....what's the F/P volume? since my cylinders are ported now, i have less comp than before. so, i want to mill like .010"-.015" off the stock head again, but cut the squish, so its like .045". what do you think?

Edited by mopar1rules

I have a cool head, but thinking about haveing the head milled to keep the stock look when i do the 4mil in a week or two.

I do alot of trail riding and hills and such, is the bike more likely to over heat with the head milled or what?

Like yesterday in PA, i was climbing hills for like 2hrs straight without letting the bike cool down, will the stock head be okay for this also?

thanks Joseph

I have a cool head, but thinking about haveing the head milled to keep the stock look when i do the 4mil in a week or two.

I do alot of trail riding and hills and such, is the bike more likely to over heat with the head milled or what?

Like yesterday in PA, i was climbing hills for like 2hrs straight without letting the bike cool down, will the stock head be okay for this also?

thanks Joseph

should be fine. i would probably go that route if i were doing it.

Sorry... It refers to "flat plate" volume. Some builders/tuners might call it dome volume or head only volume...

Even though your blowing a lower number on a static compression gauge after raising the exhaust port, your full stroke compression ratio has not changed at all and your corrected ratio has probably changed very little. In other words, what your combustion chamber pressures are at a couple hundred rpm while performing a static compression reading have very little to do with what the same chamber pressures are once the engine is actually running and the tuned exhaust is functioning effectively. To put it yet another way, although it is better than nothing, a compression gauge reading is an extremely piss poor way of establishing fuel octane requirements! IMHO anyway...

At any rate, kinda highjacking this thread... Shoot me a private if you have questions...