Shaved Head

OKCterror

Got a shaved head today from jrod who got it off banshee dans old bike. Scored for free since jrod is the man. Thanks again, any time you need a push on that car of yours just ask.lol. Anyways do shaved heads add any power? Will it cause any damage on my motor(specs listed below) if i slap it on? Help me out. I wanna hook this thing up asap.-Dan

i got .020 taken off mine, i freshened up the top end at the same time, but it was a good power gain

i did the math on it, and i think it was .020 off is the equivalent of going 1 cc smaller.

check the squish once you get it on. my squish is about .035 with .020 taken off the head. just so you have an idea where your at, unless its been rechambered, then this wont really work for comparison

its the clearance between the piston and the head.

to measure it,take a peice of solder and bend it into an L shape. and insert through the spark plug hole( dont drop it). put it so its in line with the piston pin, and all the way to the cylinder wall, and slowly turn over the engine with the kick starter. it will s1quish the solder. then you measure the squished part with a micrometer.

With a compression gauge.

You can find one at Napa, or a local mechanic can probably do it for cheap.

Buy one, you'll be using it enough for the cost to be worth it.

Get the bike warm, take a plug out, plug in the gauge, kick it over a few times WOT until the gauge stops rising. (6-7 kicks is normal I believe?)

Repeat for the other side.

There should be no difference, or very little in lbs. between cylinders.

If they are off by more, something is wrong.

You should comp check it before and after you install it.

its the clearance between the piston and the head.

to measure it,take a peice of solder and bend it into an L shape. and insert through the spark plug hole( dont drop it). put it so its in line with the piston pin, and all the way to the cylinder wall, and slowly turn over the engine with the kick starter. it will s1quish the solder. then you measure the squished part with a micrometer.

Check your PMs man!!

I've been looking for the sticker in your sig forever.