best pipes for a shee

jimbojones

that would be great mate thanks...is it true if u have a good airfilter and an outerwear...u can take the air box lid of????4 more air intake

several people have suggested good pipes. you can remove the airbox lid allowing

the engine to breathe and increase air flow. depending upon where you will be

riding, i would suggest going to a "pod" style filter that fits directly onto the carbs.

if you will be riding through lots of water, i would not go this route.

Edited by Hilarious

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be great mate thanks...is it true if u have a good airfilter and an outerwear...u can take the air box lid of????4 more air intake

i was only jokin about the stock pipes :biggrin:

there is some good info for you in this thread already, basically theres no such thing as the best pipe, only better pipes for your type of riding you do, they are all different pretty much

and yea if you get a kit with the adapter ring for the air filter, it bolts directly to the front of your air box, seals air tight with an O ring, and the air filter hose clamps to that, depending on which filter u go with , (uni or k&n) the setup will run around $80 or so, but well worth it, the stock air filter setup is total crap, and yes yuo can remove the lid if you get a real setup, you dont need the lid to hold the shit filter in place anymore, its hose clamped tight

were i want power delivery most is mid range...not really out there to drag race...cheeres

The trinity pipes are by no means an all around pipe. I have ridden bikes with them, and they are a mid-top pipe that turns on like a light switch.

If you want midrange power, your gonna want something like ptr mids, pro circuits, or the fmf SST. When you have the motor ported, tell them you want your exhaust duration at no more than 188 degrees. Also, set your compression up at a bare minimum of 165 psi or more. Dont do anything crazy like put vf3's or aftermarket intakes on it. There are a lot of inexpensive things you can do for mid power that all together can make the bike pull and wheelie like a monster.

If you search on here, you can find what people have recommended for bottom end or midrange power. There is even a couple threads about everything done to my bike.

Dont put a 2 into 1 carburetor or pipe on it.

The trinity pipes are by no means an all around pipe. I have ridden bikes with them, and they are a mid-top pipe that turns on like a light switch.

If you want midrange power, your gonna want something like ptr mids, pro circuits, or the fmf SST. When you have the motor ported, tell them you want your exhaust duration at no more than 188 degrees. Also, set your compression up at a bare minimum of 165 psi or more. Dont do anything crazy like put vf3's or aftermarket intakes on it. There are a lot of inexpensive things you can do for mid power that all together can make the bike pull and wheelie like a monster.

If you search on here, you can find what people have recommended for bottom end or midrange power. There is even a couple threads about everything done to my bike.

Dont put a 2 into 1 carburetor or pipe on it.

thanks snopczynski