Problems

pinned247

Ok so I put on some FMF Fatty's and PC2 silencers. At First I changed the main jet to 260. The pilot I left at 25. I noticed a lot of bogging and I was having a hard time starting it after riding for a while on Saturday. So I changed the pilot to 32.5 because I figured I was lean. Now its running even worse. I'm having a hard time starting it too. The left side sounds like it will cough about every 15 seconds while idleing. I also notice that the right pipe has starting blueing a little and the left was no color change, still chrome like new.

Does this sound like a compression problem?

Do you think the right jets would fix this. (280 mains 27.5 pilot)

I haven't done a compression test yet but I'm going to do it tonight or tomorrow.

also...I have yet do do a plug chop but after riding for a few hours it seemed like the plugs had a decent color to them after the both times i re-jetted. I'm doing a plug chop too as soon as I get some feed back from the pro's on here.

Some of my bro's have gave me some options but i'd like some other opinions.

I have a K&N air filter. The lid is currently on but the snorkel is off. I had the air screw one turn out at first but then changed it back to 1.5 turns. I'm not sure about the needle but I could check that out. I would imagine it is at the stock setting (if there's such a thing) because it had stock jetting and it still has the stock carb caps.

Do a compression check and let us know what you get. If the compression checks out try 27.5 pilot and a 280 main 1.5 turns out middle clip. It sounds like compression so check that first

That jetting will get him right on. The only problem is, he ran it lean pretty long and it had compression before but not after.

If that jetting would have been in the bike, it would have been good.

As for the popping o nthe left cylinder, I can absolutely 101% say that is because of that boost bottle coming out of the intake boot and leaning that side out. Every time I looked for some reason that left arm didn't want to stay in the crossover intake. Thus creating the popping.

1st: Compression Check. If one side is different by a large margin from the other, or very low in general on both sides, you are fried up top.

2nd: If compression checks out good, which we can only hope and pray because that kicker can be blown down with a good gust of wind, you can re-jet with the sizes we suggested.

3rd: Either keep a good eye on that boost bottle to make sure it is straight and intact, or deal with the popping and leaning on one cylinder. I personally would lose it quick... like really quick. Stock crossover tubes are $5 on ebay. I think it might be a good inverstment with your situation. Poppoing and sucking.... and that thing keeps coming off the crossover on that side.

4th: Like said before, if everything checks out, tune accordingly with starting at the jets above..... AND DOING A PLUG CHOP. Guessing games are over at this point.... if you are lucky enough to salvage that top end by re-ringing, you won't be lucky a second time by guessing and riding it knowing it isn't right.

We both know these bikes are not made to do that.

Sorry for the rant... but it disgusts me just as much as it does you. I think more so me because I know the money and time I put into my motor and I hate watching all of this take place. I laugh when a four stroke pops when on the thrttle, but I cringe when it is a banshee. And it gets me upset knowing we both knew and you were warned that this was going to happen.

Good luck and you know where I am at if you need any help.