jetting for fmf pipes & K&N filter?

mattb348

My friend has a 2001 banshee with stock pipes/silencers/air filter.

He is putting on fmf "fatty" pipes and fmf "powercore 2" silencers, along with a K&N filer (the kit where you remove the airbox).

Any ideas on where we should start out jetting? 30 pilots and 330 mains?

Also, what would the jetting be without a K&N and just the fmf pipes? like 280 main?

I am in full agreement with what you said...330 is a safe start with k/n pods and those pipes and you might come down to a 320 or 310 depending on temp and altitude. 280 with the stock air box would also be a good starting point imo and you might try a 260 if the 280 plug check doesn't look too lean. I would try a 27.5 pilot first. You probably don't need a 30 unless it is hard to start with the 27.5

You could probably even dial in the stock pilots with the air screws. The best pilot and air screw adj. takes a little more trial and error and patience, with repeated

seat of the pants throttle response tests, jumping off with a screwdriver to tweak and jumping back on to test ride. With the bigger mains dialed in, don't be afraid to try lowering your needles (raising the clips) and test riding that. Running a little leaner on the needle can often clean up the powerband nicely.

I am in full agreement with what you said...330 is a safe start with k/n pods and those pipes and you might come down to a 320 or 310 depending on temp and altitude.  280 with the stock air box would also be a good starting point imo and you might try a 260 if the 280 plug check doesn't look too lean.  I would try a 27.5 pilot first.  You probably don't need a 30 unless it is hard to start with the 27.5

You could probably even dial in the stock pilots with the air screws.  The best pilot and air screw adj. takes a little more trial and error and patience, with repeated

seat of the pants throttle response tests, jumping off with a screwdriver to tweak and jumping back on to test ride. With the bigger mains dialed in, don't be afraid to try lowering your needles (raising the clips) and test riding that.  Running a little leaner on the needle can often clean up the powerband nicely.

476685[/snapback]

Thanks! BTW thats once nice looking banshee you got there!