ptevo03

i have a 99 banshee with

2 in to 1 dynoport exhaust

pro design cool head 21cc domes

v-force 3 reeds

adj. timing plate i want to set at +4

28mm keihin carbs

elavation 919ft

i dont know what compression im making because the head is off and the 21cc domes are coming. so what size jets and etc.......

im running 93 octane and 32:1 is this ok?

thanks for any info

Admins... Sticky this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenBB's Jetting FAQ is a must read for newbs and people with Jetting questions...

Please read this document before asking any jetting questions... You can still ask away, any question

you want to ask, but you must read this first...

LINK----------> <HERE> http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

This is a document from BenBB... And its really helpful!

i have a 99 banshee with

2 in to 1 dynoport exhaust

pro design cool head 21cc domes

v-force 3 reeds

adj. timing plate i want to set at +4

28mm keihin carbs

elavation 919ft

i dont know what compression im making because the head is off and the 21cc domes are coming. so what size jets and etc.......

im running 93 octane and 32:1 is this ok?

thanks for any info

If everything else is stock, and your mods are all the ones above then give this a try to start...

Go 4-6 sizes larger on your mains, try your needle clip on the 3rd position (middle) and keep

your pilots stock and your idle screw 1.5 turns out. This will be a good starting point. Do a plug

chop and adjust from there. When you get your mains dialed in perfect you can play with your

needle and pilot circuits if you are getting any mid or off idle bog. Stick with adjusting one circuit

at a time. Good luck! ...and read BenBB's Jetting FAQ... Its good stuff!

Edited by mdhc500

also it didnt say if i had to add in for bigger carbs? and i bought these carbs from someone and he took the jets out i guess so i would have to jet them and not just put the carbs on and then blow my motor and blame it on him. so i dont have a start jet size to go up from.

also it didnt say if i had to add in for bigger carbs? and i bought these carbs from someone and he took the jets out i guess so i would have to jet them and not just put the carbs on and then blow my motor and blame it on him. so i dont have a start jet size to go up from.

I could not offer any advice for jetting bigger carbs... Maybe PM a member here that has bigger carbs

listed int heir mods, or maybe shoot BenBB a PM and see if he could point you in the right direction.?

I could not offer any advice for jetting bigger carbs... Maybe PM a member here that has bigger carbs

listed int heir mods, or maybe shoot BenBB a PM and see if he could point you in the right direction.?

ok thanks and if anyone else can help please do.

Great link! Is it running or not? What's your specific problem? Bog down low, missing ect. You won't blow your motor instantly with a misjetted carb.

well i havent got it running yet because the guy i got the 28mm carbs from took the jets out. so i need a close idea so i can get some jets ordered and go from there.