need help with jetting

hey guys need some help what size main jets should i run on a 2006 banshee all stock or what should i upgrade in the stock carbs i just put on some new t5s and thats it for now i want to do reeds/air filter/boost bottle/cool head/cdi box/ but just bolt ons what do u guys recommed oh by the way i ride in this Elevation between 600 to 1400 above sea level thanks

well for your mains, i would start at 260. leave the needles alone and pilots alone for now. you might have to play with the air screws a little. for bolt on mods, it would depend on where you ride. meaning sand dunes or what not. do you just trail ride? i need to know your riding style b4 i can tell you what mods to do. some that you can do wether you trail ride or not are the +4 timing, and carbon tech reed petals. if you want this thing to have more flow/power at mid to top, then get the v-force's. if you ride in the sand, i would probably stick to a foam filter, as it will provide better filtration of the sand, so your motor doesn't suck it in. you can get pods if you stay out of water puddles. you can run stock airbox with lid off, or drilled to look like swiss cheese, with a k&n filter. i can't tell a specific dome size yet on the noss head, cause i don't know what you plan on doing with the atv, but for average trail riding, 22cc domes will suit you fine. if you want higher compression and don't mind mixing race gas with 92 pump gas, you can run 19cc domes. if you want to run on straight race gas, you can run 17cc domes. i don't see the need for a different cdi box. if it were me, i would spend the $ elsewhere. don't get a boost bottle....they only crack your intake boots and suck $35 out of your wallet. that $35 could buy you the adjustable timing plate from ricky stator, to advance your timing +4. and it will actually do something.

hey thanks for replying :thumbsup: i do more trailriding then anything else and i also like to dragrace but i all so would like to stick with pump gas maybe extend the rear 2" no boost bottle like u said and cdi box some type of cool head and domes / reeds just dont know what kind. thanks again for the help

Edited by rotorsport

i wouldn't worry about getting a different cdi box. just pick up an adjustable timing plate or modify your stock one, so you can advance it +4 degrees. you said you want to stick with pump gas, then i wouldn't run anything smaller than 22cc. you can also just have your stock head shaved and it will give you some bang for little buck. also, i can shave the head and modify your stock timing plate for you. you said you do mostly trail riding, so i would go with either fmf fattys or pro circuits and get some carbon tech reed petals for your stock cages. do you see mud and water while trail riding? how bout sand? i need to know the answers to this to be able to tell you what airbox/filter setup to run.

Edited by mopar1rules

if it were me, i would run the stock box w/lid removed. you can have a little better airflow w/pod filters, but they get soo dirty, soo damn quick. they also like to suck water in easier, cause they are just right there in the open. the stock box w/lid removed will help keep mud and water out.

260 with toomey t5 no way u would burn it up quick 280 jet min. cold days 290 300 did you get your toomey new or used? if you bought them new you should know this all ready if used u need new needles new air filter and keep the lid off. go here and trust what they say WWW.toomeyracing.com

first thing is timing plate next cool head then reeds so on and so on

Don't run your stock air filter with the lid off, the lid holds the stock filter in place. Get yourself a pro-flow kit with a k&n(if not real dusty where you ride) or a foam filter(if dusty), then you can run with the lid off. Bone stock at sea level to 1000' I would start at 280's and do a plug chop to verify your jetting with the t-5's. You don't absolutely need new needles. Your next mod should be a good air filter setup then a timing plate. You will have to rejet for the filter as well, but not for the timing plate or cool head. I would say to get the filter, plate and head before you spend any $$ on reeds, they do very little for power and only add some low end throttle response.