Good starting point for a 2-n-1 set up?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snopcyinski is the man when it comes to jetting for the 1 into 2s. I know they run a HUGE main compared to if it were a dual setup, like 185 to 200. But you need a different needle and pilot....and I'm not going to guess on that...sorry...:)

Well hell. SNOP can you hear me??

205 main, eej needle, 45 pilot jet, center clip on needle, 1.5-2 turns out on air screw. THAT IS A STARTING POINT, carefully check the main. Do the main first, then worry about the needle.

Ditch the PJ and find a 35pwk, you will be much happier. The PJ's tend to be more of a pain to dial in... IMO

Thank you sir :thumbsup: WOW so I guess you can hear me.. :blink:

I hear and see all about the 2 into 1.

It is kind of a pain to deal with the pj also. I have a 2 into 1 with pwk 35 and match ported vf3's going on ebay here real soon.

the needle is finicky because of the slide design.

You can say that again, Im having a hell of a time getting mine dialed in. I have a 34mm pj with a eej needle on top clip, 48 pilot and 175 main. Starts easy and idles nice but with a 185 and 195 main and needle in center clip it would fall on its face so i went back to the 175 main and moved the needle clip to the top and thats the only way i can get it to run somewhat decent. I think I need the next leaner needle? What do you think?

If its top end its either the main jet or the end of the needle taper. Depending on what that carb came off, you cant just always bolt one on and expect it to work right. The carbs can have different slides with different cutouts in them. The mikuni carbs give us trouble unless we put the right nozzles in them.

Edited by Snopczynski

SNOP!!!

Ok I got 180 main, DEI? (DEL) on the top clip, 55 pilot jet. Good on the start up, 0-1/4 is good Fall and gargles for a sec at 1/4-1/2 and runs like a raped ape on out. I have tried every clip on the needle and it only gets worse. Is my pilot to big or do I need a diff needle?

Refer to the chart, if your ok on top and rich down low with a smaller pilot then pick the right needle for the job.

Needle link

You are using a huge pilot jet, I would run something smaller.

Edited by Snopczynski

If its top end its either the main jet or the end of the needle taper. Depending on what that carb came off, you cant just always bolt one on and expect it to work right. The carbs can have different slides with different cutouts in them. The mikuni carbs give us trouble unless we put the right nozzles in them.

Im using one of the 34mm's from the dual setup that was on it when i got it. mine starts good and is great till about 1/2 throttle then it starts acting up. if I remove the air filter is helps alot so thats why i think i need to go a little leaner on my needle and if it makes any difference the slide is a #60