clutch

Hey guys just got done puttin the shee back together and now the clutch wont engage. Lots of pull at the lever I tried to adjust it to the arrows on the case and to the left of the of the arrows and it still dont work? when you put it in gear and pull the clutch nthing works.

Edited by LeadBoots

Do you see a space between the plates and the pressure (outer) plate? You should be able to squeeze the clutch lever and see the pressure plate pop out 1/4 inch or so. If you don't see the plate pop out, something isn't lined up right...

Take the pressure plate off, turn it one bolt hole (of the 6) and try it again. You'll know when it's right.

DO you mean the 32mm nut that holds the clutch basket on? If you put everything back on correctly, including the washer behind the basket that likes to stick there...then no. I put mine on with a 1/2 inch impact...nice and tight.

If the pressure plate was misaligned on the splines, you usually have NO lever pull, but he has lever pull, right?

Are the plates/fibers installed correctly (fiber should be the installed first and last)? Did you use the o-rings that go on the factory clutch? (Don't need those with aftermarket clutch). Are all of the springs tight? You can have lever pull if you have at least one spring tight, but your clutch will slip so bad you you'll barely move.