PRM skidplate problem

Rocco

I have just purchased the PRM swingarm skidplate for my 04 Banshee. It wasnt very difficult to put on but I am having a problem with it. The mounting points matched up and everything went smooth, but now as I push down on the grab bar to compress the rear shock, it seems as though something is catching. My best guess is that the shock linkage is rubbing on the inside of the skidplate, as this model provides coverage for the rear linkage. I was wondering if any of those out there that have the PRM may have encountered a problem similar to this. I have read hundreds of posts about this skidplate and I have yet to find one person with a complaint. Any help will do and I am hoping to get this resolved without having to call PRM and have them send me another one.

Rocco

Also I have considered that maybe this means something is wrong wiht the rear end of the bike or the linkage itself, but that may just be me going a little nutts

Yeah man, I have the prm and it doesnt have anything problems at all.

Can you see under there if it is touching? mine doesnt touch, and Im pretty sure there is like 1/4" of space between it and the dogbone.

Well I cant see inside the plate to see if it is touching, so I am going to take it off tonight and see if there is any marks left by the dogbone and try to make some kind of adjustment so that it works.

Rocco

I had my plastic and seat off today and I looked straight down and through the frame at the rear shock and suspension. The left side bolt of the dogbone is pretty close to the skidplate, so if there is any kind of tweaking or if you dont have the skid on right I could see it scraping there.

Thanks for the help guys, my buddy solved the problem today for me. The bolts that attach the plate to the upper part of the swing arm where too long and hitting the rear linkage when the shock was compressed. He installed a few washers and the problem was fixed. Never doubt Ada///M. Oter than this minor glitch, the skidplate is truely awesome and certainly a great buy.

Rocco