Our summer hobby

SHEe DEVIL

That's awesome! What series are you running in? :geek:

Its a WISSOTA superstock. Its basically a fully fabricated round tube chassis but it has a stock front clip/suspension. 360CI chevy, odds and ends of specialty parts like full floater 9" ford, heim joint tube control arms and all that kinda stuff. Local tracks in this area run 30+ of these a night, so the competition becomes very tight.

they make about 400hp, but are limited because we have to run a holley 4412 thats only good for 500cfm.

Its a WISSOTA superstock. Its basically a fully fabricated round tube chassis but it has a stock front clip/suspension. 360CI chevy, odds and ends of specialty parts like full floater 9" ford, heim joint tube control arms and all that kinda stuff. Local tracks in this area run 30+ of these a night, so the competition becomes very tight.

they make about 400hp, but are limited because we have to run a holley 4412 thats only good for 500cfm.

You can do quite a bit with those 500cfm Holley two barrel carbs. What are the intake manifold restrictions in you class? :geek:

There is a pass no pass gauge for the carb. It has to be a stock cast iron intake.

Right.......the pass / nopass is pretty standard. If you have to use the OEM intake, does it dictate which OEM intake? If it does say which one, does it have an rules about modifying it? :geek:

Right.......the pass / nopass is pretty standard. If you have to use the OEM intake, does it dictate which OEM intake? If it does say which one, does it have an rules about modifying it? :geek:

http://www.wissota.org/Rule_Book.pdf

this link here is for wissota. I think superstocks start on page 40 or 41.

http://www.wissota.org/Rule_Book.pdf

this link here is for wissota. I think superstocks start on page 40 or 41.

Wow, that class is pretty wide open for engine modification (relatively speaking). What sort of hp and torque are those engine making at the flywheel? How much do people pay for the engines in that class new and claimed? :geek:

That's AWESOME!!!

Are these pavement or dirt track cars??

I'd love to ride around the track in something like that fo sho...

if im not mistaken thats a dirt car Dave.....

looks like a "sportsman" or "limited late model" to me

either way a fun ride

Dan

• 1 month later...
Wow, that class is pretty wide open for engine modification (relatively speaking). What sort of hp and torque are those engine making at the flywheel? How much do people pay for the engines in that class new and claimed? :geek:

For the new WISSOTA crate engine they are paying from $3000 to $3500. The only problem with these engines is they are stamped and you cant work on them yourself. You have to send them away to a WISSOTA builder. If you go the other route I brand new wagamon engine is running anywhere from $5000 to $8000. Or for your engine to be freshened it is about $6000. We are on our 3rd engine being built right now. The last 2 saturdays we blew up good.

For the new WISSOTA crate engine they are paying from $3000 to $3500. The only problem with these engines is they are stamped and you cant work on them yourself. You have to send them away to a WISSOTA builder. If you go the other route I brand new wagamon engine is running anywhere from $5000 to $8000. Or for your engine to be freshened it is about $6000. We are on our 3rd engine being built right now. The last 2 saturdays we blew up good.

That kind of sucks. I missed that part in the rules. :confused: