Engine Knocking

Hi there Banshee Bro`s ,

since 200 miles i have the wierd feeling that there is something wrong with my Shee`

Initially this knocking from the lower end of the engine was not that disturbing but now I can hear it permanently and very loud as well, even if I rev that puppy up or pull the clutch...

Plugs seem to be in light brown colour I don`t think my Baby was jetted to lean... 280 mains with FMF fatty and K&N Air Filter... Thats all mod`s I have really

Would appreciate any help ...

Edited by Banshee_Bandit

A knock could be a number of things. I heard, and still hear a knock from my fresh 421. It has about 5 hours on it now. I started freaking out when it started. Are you sure it is coming from the lower end. I thought mine was too, until I put a stethoscope on it. Mine was coming from the intake. Not the carbs or the reeds, but the intake. My intake has a crossover tube in it. I don't know if it is just noise within the crossover tube, but it is annoying. I just ignore it. Put a stethoscope on it, and find exactly where it's coming from. If you don't have one, just use a long 3/8" socket extension. Put your ear up to the ratchet end of it, and touch the socket end to different parts of the engine while it's running. You should be able to hear it good like that.

Well today had enough time before I got to work and took off the pipes as well as the Reeds to see if my pistons had any signs on them...

Both sides seem to be in very good condition no signs on`em ...so my mixture had to be correct i suppose, them plugs says it either...

took the advice with the 3/4 extension and heard all around the engine itself...

it seems the knocking come soemwhere behing den Clutch....

so what might that be, I mean the engine runs very well only this anoying kocking sound....

Any help would be appreciated !!!