what the best aftermarket head

i'm new to this forum (my 1st post actually) and to the banshee's and would like to know whats the best aftermarket head to use on my '98 shee. i have some mods done to it, which i think are visible in my signature or avatar. i'm at 1,000 ft above sea level, so what would be my best cc size domes to run. i would like to trail ride this quad, so high comp domes needing to run pure race gas is out of the question. here's what i'm thinking of doing......pro design or noss machine head w/20cc-22cc domes. or is there some cheap performance to be had out of the stock head. i'm a machinist, so i can mod the stock head. last year i took .005" off the head to bump the comp up a little bit and just flatten it back up, but i was thinking of playing with the dome/squish band for this year. if anyone can tell me what to do on the stock head, or has a print with dimensions that i could follow, that would be great. i was thinking that the downside to using the stock head is that i wouldn't have the improved cooling that i would recieve with an aftermarket billet head, but i haven't had any overheating issues with it ever anyways. any tips and comments are appreciated.

Dave Noss is a great guy and a site sponsor...start with him.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence that any aftermarket head will help keep an engine run cooler once it is up to operating temps.

They do offer Orings to seal, which is good and bad. Orings are relatively cheap and can be reused if they're in good shape, however....a stock flat head gasket is it, less leak points.

The real bonus of any aftermarket head, in my opinion, it the ability to get custom cut domes for your particular motor's needs.

Does an average trail rider, such as yourself, need that? IMO, no. Shave .015 more off your head and call it a day.

Check squish...as well.

Check compression before and after...so you know just how much it's been bumped up.

Asking for spec on dome shape, step, squish band depth, etc., is like asking a builder how to port a motor.

There are certain things they will tell you, certain specs they don't because it's their "set way" of how they make their motors work....

I like the noss heads They use the stock studs so there is not need to change them, they work very well, they are a site sponsor and they look good...

Dave Noss is a great guy and a site sponsor...start with him.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence that any aftermarket head will help keep an engine run cooler once it is up to operating temps.

They do offer Orings to seal, which is good and bad. Orings are relatively cheap and can be reused if they're in good shape, however....a stock flat head gasket is it, less leak points.

The real bonus of any aftermarket head, in my opinion, it the ability to get custom cut domes for your particular motor's needs.

Does an average trail rider, such as yourself, need that? IMO, no. Shave .015 more off your head and call it a day.

Check squish...as well.

Check compression before and after...so you know just how much it's been bumped up.

Asking for spec on dome shape, step, squish band depth, etc., is like asking a builder how to port a motor.

There are certain things they will tell you, certain specs they don't because it's their "set way" of how they make their motors work....

how tight of a squish band can i run, without running into deto problems on 93 octane? my dome on the stock head is obviously to the stock bore in diameter, but my cylinders are bored out .040" over. should i make the diameter of the dome on my stock head to the same size, while its off for me to take the additional .015" off that you suggested? i kinda figured i wouldn't get anyone to tell me certain dimensions for a head mod, but it was worth a try. i see what you are saying....some don't want to let the cat out of the box.