asphalt undercoating = frame paint

inthemail

so i picked up a couple cans of that goopy shit for coating inner fenders and truck beds tonight, im gonna apply it to my frame tomorrow because in all honesty. trail banshees dont need pretty paintjobs. they need functional coatings. :D ill post up some pics tomorrow, but even still it wont be 100% covered. im waiting on buddy to bring his goddamn welder over to me so i can fab the front upper mount!

the a-arms ihave coming are black also so i think my chassis should be lookin tightous. i will PC alot of the smaller parts gloss black, it appears as if im heading in the direction of black bitch.

Yeah dude that sounds awesome. I would love to see how that turns out and how well it takes abuse. I want to PC my frame but I was thinking the same thing as you, just get something tough as hell on there cause its gonna get screwed up anyway.

i must say, it covers well. does not run badly. (i think its a smidgen cold out so its not 100% on great, youd probley get a real good coating on later in the year or +15c outside. its currently about +5c here.

it looks black but in the sunlight i think i might be able to see through it, i took a pic and it has that asphalt tar like color to it.

but all in all im satisfied.

here you go :cool: its definitly not 100% curing. but its not sticky at all and wont rub off easy, but i can put a scratch in it with my fingernail. and it holds water under it too so getting it 100% covered is a must. im only gonna drag it and pitride so i wanted a different look since its backyard engineered. haha

101_0131.jpg

101_0133.jpg

wet, you can see the tar color.

101_0118.jpg

it has a reflective look to it in the light but up close its textured a bit and has a nice flat look to it.