Single carb jetting for new banshee owner!

I would first like to say hi to everyone and I'm new to the forums here and new banshee owner. I have a 88 Suzuki LT250r and love it but wanted more. I recently found my new banshee in pretty rough shape standing up buried in the back of some guys shed. Over the last few weeks I have been piecing it back together and fixing all the "cob job" crap on it and its almost ready to ride.

I have been looking around the forum and have come across alot of good information on jetting but know that its different for everyone. Right now my shee has 2 34mm keihin pj's on it and runs ok. Its a little lean and has a slight bog if you blip the throttle off idle. I just recently purchased a 2 into 1 intake (today) and was hoping someone could give me a good starting point on getting it dialed in for where I live. I'm gonna use one of the 34mm's I have with my intake. Currently the carbs have 175 mains and i am unsure of the pilots (couldnt find any markings on them). Whats a good starting point for my new single carb setup? As far as i know the only mods are DG Exaust and Silencers, Vitos Hemi Head and its bored over but unsure of the amount. Im also at 70 feet above sea level and mostly ride trails. Thanks for any help in advance

EDIT: Sorry i put this in the wrong section :whoops:

Edited by Dick Wheels

Ok, I put in the new main and pilot today, but left the needle that was in it. No one around here has the needles and and all tell me to call keihin to get one. I threw a new set of plugs in it and it fired right up (after i turned the gas on :banghead: ). Made a few adjustments and got it to finally idle right and it seems to run awesome, a little smoky though but it is still like 45 degrees here. I pulled the plugs out of it after about 30 min of run time and they look really good. A little on the rich side but i think i am gonna see how it runs for now. Ill have to do a chop later on and take it for a ride and see how it does. i would have today but my yard is tiny and 1st gear only does not cut it. Would any of you guys be interested in sending me 2 eej needles? I can pay you however you like thats not a problem. shame that stuff isn't readily available here in Albany, NY like it is out on the west coast

It is so easy to get needles that its not even funny. I know 3 sites right off hand.

Cascade

Pats small engine

Carb parts

Thanks for the info. I know you wanted me to run an eej on the 3rd (middle) clip. I just pulled the now spare carb I have apart and found that I have CGJ needles on the 2nd clip from bottom. Whats the difference between the cgj and the eej and where mine are set compared to where you wanted me to set the eej's?

I just want to thank you guys. Everyone has been nothing but nice and very informative. I can tell I made the right decision by buying a banshee :biggrin: