PWK 39 single carb

What should be my starting point on main and pilot jet for the next set up?

- 370 long rod

- PWK 39 single carb

- K&N clamp on filter w/outerwear

- agresive dune porting

- FMF SST pipes

- Cool head w/18cc domes

- Advanced timing 5 deg

- LS Dyna CDI box curve 1

- 32:1 fuel ratio C-12 gas

- sea level, 70F

Thank you guys

215 main jet, 50 pilot jet (pretty sure thats gonna be a bit rich). Needle is more crucial than anything else. Why didn't you want to know where that should be?

Since I have V-Force reeds, I assumed I would start one notch on the lean side from the middle. Is that ok for a start point?

Thank you for the help

I need to know what needle is in it?

I don't have the banshee here with me, is down in Rocky Point Mexico, and I am getting it ready for Easter weekend.

That's why I'm trying to get a starting point so I can get a bunch of jets and work on the setup this weekend.

All that said, I don't know what needle I have on it. What needle would you recomend for the setup?

they all play a crucial role in the bottom-top power so you want them all to be right. If you call cascade they ought to have an eej or an eek and they can mail it out right away. Otherwise contact carb parts warehouse or pats small engine. These single carbs run mostly off of the needle, so main jet changes wont be super noticable, but needle size will make all the difference in the world.

they all play a crucial role in the bottom-top power so you want them all to be right. If you call cascade they ought to have an eej or an eek and they can mail it out right away. Otherwise contact carb parts warehouse or pats small engine. These single carbs run mostly off of the needle, so main jet changes wont be super noticable, but needle size will make all the difference in the world.

I just checked and the carb has a DGH needle, I think is not that far away from the EEJ you recomend, where should I use the clip if I use this needle?

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I am back with the same banshee, same setup, same riding conditions, the only diference is the ambient temperature, is getting seriously hot and the temperature when riding gets up to 100F, yes that is very hot.

Based on what worked fine on the 70F setup (50 pilot, 195 main, DGH needle with clip on 2nd notch), What pilot, main, needle and clip position would you recomend for 100F?

Snop I know you have the right answer for this, I hope you can help me again with the single carb set up.

Thank you all