port work

HardIzZlE

now i got a lil more money im geting my motor ported while jim at passion has it but i just wanted to ask what would be the best port work for my motor

i want more mid-top end but i want 2 keep some low end since i ride a lot of trails

any ideas what kind of port work would be best

thx

his 4mm duner port with shearers has plenty of low end. bansheefreaks bike has that.

my old motor was more a hot dune/drag port but had good enough low end for what i did.

talk to jim, both motors are good. i think shawns motor was like 70+hp hillclimb, dune motor something like that. but again its had very good lowend i was quite shocked when i rode it and put it together.

when i get it going get with me. ive got them pretty much figured out.

wes

I dont think you will want shearers if you want to keep lowend. I have ridden a dune port (non-4mil) from Jim with shearers and it is pretty fst, but the lowend is terrible. It was much better with Fatties / CPI's as far as lowend.

A nice coolhead, timing advance and some race gas would help too.

Edited by Justintoxicated

pro circuits are a very effecient pipe, similar to T5 in that they both wont get much over 9500 rpms on a gas stock stroke and they like fairly mild port timming around 192-194 with a 33 degree blowdown ,they can respond well to porting as long as the duartions are in sync with the pipes ,if the porting is set higher like what some would call high rev duner around 198 degrees and 130transfer it will narrow the powerband and lose lowend response and torque ,every builder has a different idea and calls their porting varieties a different name,the stock stroke and 4 mill port wil lhave different powerband manners with same durations ,you cant run high port timing on a 350 to make the peak power and expect t o maintain killer lowend ...but theres ways to gain it back throug htiming and compression however . id call Jim and hell steer you i nthe correct direction and give you some ideas