banshee question

T-daddy

ok, got the banshee too idle the little black box connected to the tors stopped it from running so i unplugged it and it idled but it only did it with choke half way on so what does that mean

The bike probably will not idle until warm. If it still will not, that is a lean condition on the pilot circuit. This is assuming you have tried "adjusting" the idle with the flat head screws on the carb tops?? Also, there are small brass screws on the sides of the carbs at the filter side. Those should be tuned for best idle. .5-2.5 turns out.

If nothing works, remove carb bowls and clean pilot jets.

Brandon

The bike probably will not idle until warm. If it still will not, that is a lean condition on the pilot circuit. This is assuming you have tried "adjusting" the idle with the flat head screws on the carb tops?? Also, there are small brass screws on the sides of the carbs at the filter side. Those should be tuned for best idle. .5-2.5 turns out.

If nothing works, remove carb bowls and clean pilot jets.

Brandon

so it only will idle if it warms up a little

but right now i got the idle screws all the way till it wont turn no more is that right or should i turn it the other way until it idle

clockwise to increase idle.

Brandon

how many turns until the screw comes out i did that before and it was a bitch to get it to catch again

but ill do it tommorow hopefully it works

Make sure you adjust them evenly, and that your carbs are in sync. They need to be opened evenly at idle and begin raise at the same time when you push the throttle.