C-Series or Quad-Rok Wheels?

fishwater

Hello, I am looking for a strong wheel for woods & rock riding. I wish I could justify Hipers but that is a tough one at the moment. So I am thinking C-Series but I read on here there are some cracking problems, I don't know if it was just the old ones or what but I am concerned. I am big & ride in really rocky terrain. Part of my reason to switch rims is so I can go up to 23's in the front & 22's in the rear for better ground clearance. I am concerned about strength because I whacked my stock front rims a few times this weekend & dented them.

So I haven't seen any recent concerns about C-Series but there have been problems in the past for sure also everyone claims they are really heavy. I am concerned about bigger tires & heavier rims affecting the handling. The Quad-Roks seem like similar rims but possibly even lighter, but are they as strong if not stronger? Only one person on here seems to run them. Finally for a little more money I could go ITP Baja's & they certainly seem strong enough but they are a little more pricey.

Hello, I am looking for a strong wheel for woods & rock riding. I wish I could justify Hipers but that is a tough one at the moment. So I am thinking C-Series but I read on here there are some cracking problems, I don't know if it was just the old ones or what but I am concerned. I am big & ride in really rocky terrain. Part of my reason to switch rims is so I can go up to 23's in the front & 22's in the rear for better ground clearance. I am concerned about strength because I whacked my stock front rims a few times this weekend & dented them.

So I haven't seen any recent concerns about C-Series but there have been problems in the past for sure also everyone claims they are really heavy. I am concerned about bigger tires & heavier rims affecting the handling. The Quad-Roks seem like similar rims but possibly even lighter, but are they as strong if not stronger? Only one person on here seems to run them. Finally for a little more money I could go ITP Baja's & they certainly seem strong enough but they are a little more pricey.

None of those wheels are light. The C-Series are a heavier than the quad-rok wheels. :geek:

I wish the websites had weights listed, I am not super concerned about it but I would prefer to not have the heaviest wheel out there. Rotating mass is rotating mass no matter what. I guess the Quad-Rok is a good choice but how strong are they, they claim they are the strongest but so does ITP :biggrin:

Quadroks all the way, I run the on my bike.. Thye are very light and strongs as hell. I have broken 3 sets of C series and will never ise then again.

Very light...............come on, who are you kidding? A 12" Quad-Rok wheel weighs almost 9 lbs. That is more than a Douglas Red Label with inner and out bead locks of the same size.