stuck throttle

wood

i have a twist throttle,have been having problems with it getting stuck wide open,i have cleaned the carbs,smoothed the sildes and carbs,lubed the cable,put on a new twist throttle,runs great for awhile then it will hang up,i was going to buy new slides and springs with a new cable if that does not work what else could it be.

i have a twist throttle,have been having problems with it getting stuck wide open,i have cleaned the carbs,smoothed the sildes and carbs,lubed the cable,put on a new twist throttle,runs great for awhile then it will hang up,i was going to buy new slides and springs with a new cable if that does not work what else could it be.

More than likely, the slides are hanging up on the alignment pin in the carb slide bore. They do this because of over travel in the vertical when you twist the throttle open. The easiest way to fix is to add a rubber shims in the carb top to prevent over travel. Make sure your slide still opens all the way though.

Brandon