Which carbs are for me?

RIPRuck

well the 33's are a good carb. they arent too big but will increase performance on the top end. they will work nicely with your trail port. my brother had a similar setup. plus, if you ever decide to go to a 4mm motor youll already have a carb big enough for that. these carbs are also very easy to jet. a lot of people here use them and can help get you tuned in properly. i really recommend them. youll have to get some new intakes to run them. thats why i said call FAST. jeff will have everything you need in one phone call..

single carb setups will never make the power dual carbs can. honestly, i see no point in running single setups on a twin cylinder motor. his bike is going to have tons of low end after his porting is done. he would benefit more from a carb setup that will bring back some of his top end..

I agree....after running the single 38PWK set up with my agressive trail port the top end leaves much to be desired. It does bark like a thumper out of the hole and lugging gears is nice....but I swear the bike was ALOT faster after the port and it just gets damn near boring in the sand when you row through the gears.....I should have 33's on my bike in a couple months, I let you guys know how I like the change.

The point here is that you can build a very fast trail bike using what everyone considers to be bottom end parts and it will still keep up with a top end built bike. There is nothing wrong with this guys bike, it runs rather well, my bike is built to do what I want it to do. I spent some time on the dyno and put parts on it that made a difference and made it quick. I actually took some parts off that didn't do much (reed spacers).

If you go with twins on a trail bike I recommend pwk 28's or mikuni tm 28's. Max absolute size I would go on a stock stroke banshee is 32mm, but I dont recommend those for this bike. What has to be realized here is this. He is building a bottom-mid bike. Its not going to peak at a very high rpm and its gonna build power quick. One of the keys to this is velocity, and you cant get a whole lot of velocity with gigantic carburetors bolted on the thing. Just cause most people do something, doesn't necessarily mean its the optimal thing for everyone to be doing.

Very true....but I really thought I would love a bottom end banshee, great power if you ride the tight stuff. I'm just not McLovin it like I thought I would :shrug: