advance timing question....

ok yesterday i installed a ricky stator adjustable timing plate set it at plus 4 but when i took it for a test run i didnt really notice any difference in the power. when everyone else on here put one on they said that they felt a noticeable difference.did i do something wrong possibly not install it right? what would happen if i set the timing higher? maybe 6 or 7 i know that i would probally need to run a higher octane fuel. can you guys please help me out thanks in advance. Tom

more than likely with that low compression you will not see much of a differwence with +4 degrees of timing. You can take that thing up to +6 with that kind of compression on 92 octane fuel. I would probably try to run at least about 155-160 compression in it though.

does the elevation here have any thing to do with the compression? with 155 - 160 do you need a higher octane fuel?

Edited by '04limited

i was askin because in the winter timei go down to almost sea level and run at gordons well. so if i bump up my compression for here whats that gonna do to me when i go to glamis/ gordons well?

i have a stock head thats been milled and cut down that will give u better compression also its been cut for orings to seal it up like a coolhead it was done by andy at grr.id give u a good deal on it if interested im not using it no more i can measure it tonight and give u the size on the domes if u want let me know.