Regulator

I think its an ac/dc split system, cause trail tech sells a full on crf450 conversion with flywheel to switch them over to dc for starter and battery. So, my guess is the regulator probably isn't big enough to handle a whole lot of wattage, or current (amps) in this case. Your gonna need a single phase, full wave rectifier.

What stator do you have, or want to run for this setup? What size is the battery?

I think its an ac/dc split system, cause trail tech sells a full on crf450 conversion with flywheel to switch them over to dc for starter and battery. So, my guess is the regulator probably isn't big enough to handle a whole lot of wattage, or current (amps) in this case. Your gonna need a single phase, full wave rectifier.

What stator do you have, or want to run for this setup? What size is the battery?

Just have the stock stator, battery is just a normal 12 volt. I guess I would just bebetter off buying the one from trailtech...

Just have the stock stator, battery is just a normal 12 volt. I guess I would just bebetter off buying the one from trailtech...

I thought your were talking about eh YFZ450 reg. I do believe the Honda uses 3 phase output to the reg and the banshee stator is setup with single phase output. The reg would be good for it because the factory 450 stator makes 214watts at 5K rpm but you should get your self a single phase rectifier.

To verify the reg, you should have three yellow input wires, a red 12VDC output and a green ground. You can generally get a simple reg for that from a dealer pennied out. If you buy a reg from an old Yammy electric start bike, things should work fine but I am not sure what all your doing there. Might be best to talk to someone on that.

Brandon

Yup it is 3 phase. Heres a pic of a 450r stator. If you get a single phase, full wave reg/rec then it needs to be a zero loss unit. Otherwise the units like Ricky Stator sells lose about 70 watts on a dc conversion.

goki_2.JPG

Edited by Snopczynski