Moose Racing Stator

nomad

• 11 months later...

Don't get the moose if you ever plan on doing a dc conversion. I'd spend the 185 for a ricky stator 200w unit any day over the moose. To get the advertised watts from the moose you have to keep AC current and run a second set of lights. It has two sets of coils; the main is 150w and the second is 100w each with their own power output wires.

I have one that works fine. I had big problems with about 6 stators. 4 being RS stators and 2 being Moose. Turns out my RS flywheel was causing my stators to burn themselves up. Bought a new OEM FW and a Moose Stator and its ran like a top since.

From my experience I DO NOT recommend anything by Ricky Stator. Ive had terrible luck with them. Now alot of people havent so take this as what it is. My experience and opinion.

Whole purpose of my upgrade is to run 4 lights. You guys have a link to the Moose?

jmd0346, any idea what the prob is with RS Wheels?

It looked like it was making slight contact at several points. Thats the only thing that seems logical too. I guess the contact shorted it out and burnt it up. All I know is I went through 6 stators. Decided to change the FW and its run fine since.

Where did you get the Moose?

I'm going to run it on the stock wheel as well & I have two on deck because I've had my share of wheel episodes!

I got them from Dennis Kirk IIRC. Theyre around 170 bux.