refridgerator problems

Many months ago the ice maker stop working.I replaced the water valve and all is working just fine.(thanks to applanicpro)A month or two ago the ice maker would not stop making ice.For now the water is shut off.I check the metal stop arm,it moves freely and will stop in the off position.I have no clue what to do besides replace the ice making unit.

Any ideas??

Many months ago the ice maker stop working.I replaced the water valve and all is working just fine.(thanks to applanicpro)A month or two ago the ice maker would not stop making ice.For now the water is shut off.I check the metal stop arm,it moves freely and will stop in the off position.I have no clue what to do besides replace the ice making unit.

Any ideas??

Post up the brand & model # of the refrigerator. Most of the newer refrigerator's use the same icemaker, it has a replacable control module, but your usually better off replacing the complete icemaker for about $20 to $30 more.

Any ideas??

I reread your post & need to ask one question. Does the icemaker stop cycling if the wire shut-off arm is locked in the off position? All it does in normal operation is let the cubes build up in the bucket until the arm stays in the up "off" position & as you use cubes the arm drops back down to turn it back on.

I reread your post & need to ask one question. Does the icemaker stop cycling if the wire shut-off arm is locked in the off position? All it does in normal operation is let the cubes build up in the bucket until the arm stays in the up "off" position & as you use cubes the arm drops back down to turn it back on.

Yes,when the arm is up in the off position ice is still being made.

It's a Kenmore

Model # 596.57582790