Which A-arms for Axis shocks

lvracer36

Go with some +2+1 a-arms from any of the manufactures you mentioned there all good. Its all about personaly preferance and if you wanna buy the name or not. Give Quicksand Motorsports a call to Gary makes really nice stuff and there are plenty of people to back him up. Another plus is his prices. :beer: As for shocks its personal preferance also, Elkas are good but so are Axis. Iv never owned a set of axis shocks but i hear there even better quality than elkas. I dont know how true this is or not but ill leave you to figure that out. anyways good luck with it all if you got anyhting else feel free to ask i always try to help the best i can.

For A-arms the choices are not too hard.

You want Chromoly of whatever thickness you desire, either adjustable (nice but much harder to setup) or non adjustable (everything pre-set just bolt them up) . If you go adjustable some are easier to adjust than others. I heard quicksands are not easy as you have to remove the arms to adjust them where as others like alba's procomp arms do not require being removed to set them up. Gary's look pimp to me though and his welds are awesome, air-craft quality.

You also need to select, BallJoint, Heim Joint, or uniball!

For suspension Axis and Elkas are both good shocks, but i would guess that Axis are a little more durable and elkas have more adjustment (depending on what series you get of course) and nice shock bodies.

I personaly have non adjustable Arms with castor and camber already set, so just bolt them up and go riding. They also Have Uniballs which I think are better than heims (stronger), although balljoints are still the most sealed setup.

long travel may or may not be worth it, long travel can mean True long travel (more travel but increases bump steer more than +2+1 alone) or just longer shocks (mount is at another point meaning more shock travel) which has the possibility to allow the shocks to be adjusted slightly more percisely (at nearly double the cost). IMO neither are worth the extra money on the banshee for the slight gain. But if you have the cash to blow why not heh.

Edited by Justintoxicated