pj's or pwk's for a drag carb?

96bansheepilot

i'm probable going to get the cylinders re ported, full drag for 1/8th. probably going to stick w/ stock cylinders. just looking to get high 7's out of my bike and i'll be happy. i spoke to wicked motorsports and he is convinced i have a very light port job. it is a shame because i payed a lot of $ for it. i thought about getting pj's because that is what he recommended, and they are cheaper. who knows?

i'm probable going to get the cylinders re ported, full drag for 1/8th. probably going to stick w/ stock cylinders. just looking to get high 7's out of my bike and i'll be happy. i spoke to wicked motorsports and he is convinced i have a very light port job. it is a shame because i payed a lot of $ for it. i thought about getting pj's because that is what he recommended, and they are cheaper. who knows?

PJ's are definatly cheaper, but get the PWK's they are worth the extra money. I am 99% sure that you will make more power with the pwk's. If you are planning on drag racing, you will thank me, the PJ isn't a bad carb, infact I used to have PJ's, but if would have only known then what I do now, I would have got a PWK. As far as your porting, CALL K&T trust me, you will thank me. I don't know if you want to spend any more money but if you send your cylinders to K&T you will make gobs of power, and he is usually willing to work with you.

Who ported your cylinders?

dynoedge ported my cylinders and they advertised 70-72hp out of their port job. it was called "aggressive trail port". i don't think the port job makes nearly that much power. i raced a banshee that was non ported and was not pulling him at all. only in 6th gear was i pulling him barely. i spent about 400.00 dollars on the porting i think. it was about 3 yrs ago. i don't mind sending the cylinders off to get them ported again. full drag this time. i don't want to spend more than about 400-500 dollars though. and when i get them back, that bike needs to rip. i dont want to get it back and barely notice a difference like i did last time. i want to get aftermarket carbs first though. i just don't want my carbs to be the weak link in the engine. thanks for all your advice guys!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

dynoedge ported my cylinders and they advertised 70-72hp out of their port job. it was called "aggressive trail port". i don't think the port job makes nearly that much power. i raced a banshee that was non ported and was not pulling him at all. only in 6th gear was i pulling him barely. i spent about 400.00 dollars on the porting i think. it was about 3 yrs ago. i don't mind sending the cylinders off to get them ported again. full drag this time. i don't want to spend more than about 400-500 dollars though. and when i get them back, that bike needs to rip. i dont want to get it back and barely notice a difference like i did last time. i want to get aftermarket carbs first though. i just don't want my carbs to be the weak link in the engine. thanks for all your advice guys!!! :)

hmm thats interesting ...ive always heard good things about the porting at Dynoedge ,although the claim of 72rwhp on a trailport is beyond high for a 350 stock stroke. If yo uactually were making 72 true hp at the rear wheels no stock ported banshee should even be in binocular range.... be weary of these companies making big claims ,usually if you deal with only reputable small companies youll get what you pay for and be satisfied .the bigger name companies tend to take forever and a day, dont ansewer their phones ,and have slacky employees rat stuff out and charge absurd prices IMO .

thanx for the info. i think what i'm gonna do is get the carbs and dyno this damn thing. just to find out exactly what the heck i'm getting out of it. it is only like 60.00 to dyno the bike. the shop that has the dyno is only like 25 minutes from my house. i'll get it dyno'd and tel you what is does. probably won't be for another month or so but i'll dig this thread up and post it. going to the drag on wednesday, the 20th of sept. ....i'll let you know the e.t.'s. shooting for 8.4-8.5. who knows. just put a 15 tooth frnt sprocket and +6 arm on so we'll see.

Jeff at F.A.S.T. Racing ported(drag port) the stock cylinders I use on my stock stroke banshee.I also use 35 m.m. PWK's converted to alcohol.I've already run a 7.38.That was with traction problems.The first time I finally got it to hook up,I crashed it.Haven't raced it since but I do plan on hitting the dirt tracks soon.It pulls insanely hard.It should easily go high 6's.

Jeff is awesome. :clap:

Just making sure.A good helmet should be a no brainer and a chest protector would be a good idea.Leather jacket might also be a consideration.

Also,my friend michael has Jeff's dune port,cpi inframes,stock stroke,and stock carbs.

He has run 8.20's.With bigger carbs,I think he'll go high 7's.That's with Jeff's "dune/play" port.