Quick question

Went riding today, everything was running good, took a break, went out again, then it was like i had no top end power, put in new plugs, same thing, its like its trying to cut out on top, could it be the coil, time for a top end??

I have been running this same jetting for 7 months now and have had no problems till now, i guess ill try and clean the carbs tomm, see if that helps, i sprayed carb cleaner round the intakes, no leaks, filters are pretty clean, need help asap, thanks

Edited by icecold_shee

Well it could be a few things but , first off if u are think the top end is gone its pretty easy to test this all ya need is a compression gauge and if u dont have one they are available at a the auto part store for 20 bucks or so and make a valuable addition to any tool box . Check your compression if its a stock ride the #,s should read 120 # or so and check both cylinders they should be within 10# off each other . after you figure out if the top end s good or not let someone here know the answer and go from there good luck

Edited by chase73

Well it could be a few things but , first off if u are think the top end is gone its pretty easy to test this all ya need is a compression gauge and if u dont have one they are available at a the auto part store for 20 bucks or so and make a valuable addition to any tool box . Check your compression if its a stock ride the #,s should read 120 # or so and check both cylinders they should be within 10# off each other . after you figure out if the top end s good or not let someone here know the answer and go from there good luck

499504[/snapback]

I agree...What do the plugs look like?Also do they look the same?I'm not to keen on sparying to see if there is a air leak.I would do a leak down test.Their cheap and easy to make.Even thou your problem don't really sound like a air leak I would just rule it out 100%.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...ak+down+testing

Edited by scotts96fast

ok, i bought a compression tester from o'riellys, i got 150psi in the right, 152 in the left, i have 20cc domes in 7-800 ft elevation, so i dont think compression is the problem, i am about to clean my carbs, i know its not jetting, ive had the same jetting set up for 7 months now and have had no problems at all

let me know if there is something else i need to check, like if my spark is good or not

Edited by icecold_shee