not sure about radiator hoses

:wacko: I recently bought a banshee that I intend to rebuild. The only thing that seemed to be in decent condition on the thing is the radiator, but I noticed that there is no hose that goes into the top of the head, and there is just a plug of some sort, nor is there any outlet on the radiator for a hose. There is just the 2 main fat hoses and an overflow coming from the cap. I need to know if this is ok. I've rode the piss out of it and it seems to run good and stay cool, but I am not sure if it is a good idea to continue doing so.

there should be 3 fat hoses. one from the top of the radiator to the top front side of the cylinder head cap, one from the top backside of the cylinder head cap(angled straight down) running down between the intakes to the water pump housing (right side, right above the brake pedal), and front of the water pump housing up to the bottom of the radiator. and there is one small hose from the filler neck all the way back to the overflow bottle.

that's a bypass hose. it mostly acts as a vent to keep steam pressure from building in the head. yes that belongs there and should be left.

491960[/snapback]

ummm, thats partially correct. i dont know its true name, but it letsthe air out of the top of the head. if youll look at it, the nipple (hehe :P i said nipple) is at the very top of the head. now if this wasnt there it would be impossible to get all of the air out of there without some vaccuum pump or by some other means. so YES IT HAS TO BE THERE, and in working condition. otherwise you have an air pocket up there, and air only cools 1/4 as well as water.