Just bought a banshee and have fuel question

I know the owners manual says like 24:1 and most people say to run 32:1 or 40:1. Well I asked the guy what he was running and he said he was doing 50:1. The bike runs great but am I harming it at all? Can I bump it down to 40:1 without rejeting or fouling plugs or anything?

Thanks

Doug

Also how many ounces per gallon would that be if I was to do 40:1?

is it a stock bike or is it modded?? it really depends on types of mods, location, quality of fuel, brand of pre-mix oil and a few other things. I could run 50:1 in both of mine, but I prefer to keep them at 40:1(using yamalube or Spectro). I'd rather need to change out a $2-3 plug than big bucks for a new topend myself. for a 40:1, thats 16oz of oil to 5 gal. of gas. most premix oils have a chart on the bottle in case you forget.

I wonder if I'm gonna get some shit thrown at me for saying this but...

You actually can get more power by running a richer mix. By running more oil in your mix it'll creat a better seal around the rings creating more static compression and there will be less friction around the rings. You should'nt have a problem with performance if you jet accordingly (running a richer mix will decrease the amount of fuel that will flow into your engine.)

I personally like running around 32:1.