Powder Coat

RIPPEN

Nope its just paint. Get it powdercoated, someday im going to grind off all the unneeded tabs and powdercoat mine.

476064[/snapback]

I had done the same thing before i had mine powder coated........and i weiged the parts and tabs i removed........and it scaled 5lbs...........nice :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I do both & this is what i think of each ...........

Painting a frame with (Automotive / PPG/ Dupont?HOK /ECT) is a great way to get that ultimate custom look that your looking for... Paint can be manipulated with special effex such as marbelizing, crystals, color change , multi color or all out custom paint with airbrush & such...... They offer Greatest resistance to chemicals such as Laquer thinners & of that nature.... You can get the greatest effect from paint thru kandies & pearls ...

Paint requires alot of prep work & alot of materials in order to do it the proper way from etch primer to 2k primer to basecoat & or mid coat , & clear coat... Auto paint cab be as hard or harder than powdercoat & can withstand chipping equally as well (if proper prepping was done) ALL dependant on what brand & quality of products used.................

Paint will always have an edge when it comes to bad ass custom looks !!!!!!!!!

Powdercoat has some advantages .... It does not hold up to laquer thinners or harsh chemicals as it is thought to be unless an industrial grade is being used & in most cases - It is not.............. podercoating has some great colors but, when applying - you cannot make mind blowing effects before entering the oven because the powder has a chance to blow off or become smudged.. it does dull / haze in the finish but, it can be buffed out & polished like a automotive clear coat...!!!!!!

Powder is easier to apply than auto paint by far !!!!!!!!!!! I does have a great resistance to chipping in larger chunks as to where paint tends to take a little more with but,,,,, Depends on how the prep was done, materials & if it was properly cured..............

Powder can be handled right after the item cools down & put back on teh machine in 1 day if wanted............ NOT with auto paint......

Here is my choice : ( I myself will paint / Because i like full custom looks & I can always do touch ups or whatever myself anytime i feel ) but,,,,From a customers standpoint :

All out show & lookin pretty - Paint

All out in the woods, track & field - Powder